Chimento, Russo, Ricottas, Borzilleris , in Alia

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Ppinelle

Chimento, Russo, Ricottas, Borzilleris , in Alia

Post by Ppinelle »

I'm look for anyone related to Gaetano Chimento born abt 1821 wife Maria Campiere, son Liboui Chimento. Libouis wife Maria Russo, daughter of Giocahino Russo abt 1829, wife Rose Ricotta, abt 1832. Also Conceta Marie Chimento born 6 Sep 1873, maried to Matteo Borzilleri 31 Aug 1895 in Alia.
Other children of Gaetano & Maria Campieri;
Gaetana Chimento 2 Mar 1858
Giuseppe 4 Apr 1861.
Possibly Rosolino Chimento born Abt 1885 All in Alia.
Also looking for info on Giovanni Borzilleri married to Antonina Spedale.
their son Giuseppe married Frances Salvo, daughter of Santo Salvo and Maria Borruso.
Charles Borzilleri born 27 april 1878 married to Cologana Sagona.
Thanks for any help.
All were born in Alia, as far as I can tell.
JOEPRO

Re: Chimento, Russo, Ricottas, Borzilleris , in Alia

Post by JOEPRO »

HELLO JUST STUMBLED ACROSS YOUR POSTING I AM SECOND GENERATION , MY GRAND PARENTS GIUSEPPE CHIMENTO AND WIFE ROSALI (CIMO) WERE BORN IN ALIA SICILY AND CAME TO THE USA JULY 23 1913 THRU ELLIS ISLAND IN NEW YORK SOME OF YOU POSTING SOUND FAMILAR FROM WHAT I WAS TOLD THRU FAMILY MEMBERS . THINGS ARE A LITTLE CLOUDY MAYBE YOU COULD SHED A LITTLE MORE LIGHT ON THE CHIMENTO FAMILY.
drivingalong
Rookie
Rookie

Post by drivingalong »

ciao,

I have Russo in my line, but know very little. My great-great-grandmother's maiden name was Russo (although it could have been spelled differently such as Rousso). She'd have been born around 1850 as one of her sons, my great grandfather) was born 1871.

Do you have more info on Russo: Maria Russo, daughter of Giocahino Russo abt 1829... any other data?

Jim
Ppinelle

Post by Ppinelle »

drivingalong wrote:ciao,

I have Russo in my line, but know very little. My great-great-grandmother's maiden name was Russo (although it could have been spelled differently such as Rousso). She'd have been born around 1850 as one of her sons, my great grandfather) was born 1871.

Do you have more info on Russo: Maria Russo, daughter of Giocahino Russo abt 1829... any other data?

Jim
The only other info I have is her Parents were Giocahino Russo b. abt 1829, and Mother Rosa Rocotta b. 1832. There other children
Grazia Russo born 1 Nov 1851 Alia
Pietro Russo born 31 Dec 1853 Alia
Antonina Russo born 16 Sep 1858 Alia
Gioachino Russo born 10 Oct 1861 Alia
Maria Russo born 16 Sep 1858 Alia. Maria married Liboui Chimento
23 Feb 1878 in Alia.
Ppinelle

Post by Ppinelle »

JOEPRO wrote:HELLO JUST STUMBLED ACROSS YOUR POSTING I AM SECOND GENERATION , MY GRAND PARENTS GIUSEPPE CHIMENTO AND WIFE ROSALI (CIMO) WERE BORN IN ALIA SICILY AND CAME TO THE USA JULY 23 1913 THRU ELLIS ISLAND IN NEW YORK SOME OF YOU POSTING SOUND FAMILAR FROM WHAT I WAS TOLD THRU FAMILY MEMBERS . THINGS ARE A LITTLE CLOUDY MAYBE YOU COULD SHED A LITTLE MORE LIGHT ON THE CHIMENTO FAMILY.
Hi,
Dont know if you got my other msg. My great Grandfather was Liboui Chimento, he was married to Maria Russo, daughter of Giocahino Russo, and Rosa Ricotta. Liboui parents were Gaetano Chimento born abt 1821, and Maria Campieri born abt 1829. There Children were;
Liboui born 15 Oct 1851 Alia
Gaetana born 2 Mar 1858 Alia
Giuseppe born 4 Apr 1861 Alia
Possibly Rosolino born 1bt 1885 in Alia.
My Grandfather Salvator Chimento, as well as other family members, entered US at New Orleans, migrated to Colorado and New York.
ebburas

Post by ebburas »

My Great-grandfather, Rosalino Temento (Chimento, Kimento) was born in February 2, 1826, Alia, Sicily, and died July 25, 1928, Westwego, Louisiana, USA. He came to America between 1860 and 1880. I do not have his wife's (my Great-grandmother's) name but I do know his parents names, and his first wife in Alia's name. He had I believe 5 children born during the 1870's to 1880's in the U. S., Frank Ross (1877), Joseph Martin (1878), Percy (1885), Jeanne (1885), and I believe John Joseph Paul (1884).