Surname: Zanone

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
zanone

Surname: Zanone

Post by zanone »

I am seeking lineage information for the surname: Zanone.
My grandfather came to the United States when he was about 17 years old. My uncle surname: Pettori, but immigration spelled his sister's name Pettore.

Any Help? thanks
please email me: bmcallister@mgwnet.com
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

If you go to www.ellisisland.org for Zanone arrival inot the USA as an immigrant. Also for Pettori. How did you know the named Pettori was mispelled? When you find the names you will find their age at time of entry and that means you can calculate thier birth year and their town of origin. When you get this information then get back to me with what you want to know speciufically. What language do you normally speak? Peter
zanone

surname zanone, reply

Post by zanone »

Thank you for your help.
I did visit the ellis island web page.

Ercole Zanone, born Nov. 14, 1902 in Messerano, Italy
To US in 1920, June 08.

Death August 1966 in Maryland

Any other help would be appreciated.
I am US born, Maryland.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Thank you. I sent the info to you via e-mail and I am awaiting your response about research objectives. Peter
zanone

RE: research objectives

Post by zanone »

I am seeking any history and possible live relatives because I lack any real knowledge of them.

My grandparents both died before my birth. I did live with my uncle for many years but still gathered no history as I was too young.

My father's parents raised him with strict english speaking and I thought this strange seeing as they were both born and raised in Italy before coming to the US. So I am curious as to any history I may find and possible contacts that would be interested in communicating with me.

My father has some documents and correspondance of old from his father to relatives in Italy, so I believe there are some available probably still today.

thank you for any advice.

Lynn
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

If you go to www.paginebianche.it and put in Zanone in the first line and MAsserone in the third line and click CERCA a listing of 15 Zanone in Masserano will show up. They may all or several be related to your family. Since you do not know very much the names might not mean anything to you. You can do two things. You can write for your fathers records if he was born in Italy provided you have his year of birth and obtain a birth certificate.You can go thru the records you have and compare the names with the list of the 15 persons or you can do the most efficient thing which is to write one letter in Italian (preferable) or very simple and I mean simple english..My name is...My fathers names is...M=His mother and father are...... They come from Masserano. like that. and yoiu can go on to ask if they are related to you. Think about what you want to accomplish and what you want to do so that ZI can direct you accordingly. The reason why they inisted your father speak english is that many years ago in America they frowned upon any kid that spoke a foreign langiuage so immigrants did not want to be ashamed and insisted that their children speak english as they tried to do as well. it was pretty cruel in those days but we all got educated FAST!!!!!!. Peter
zanone

Thank you Peter

Post by zanone »

I will write to one of the Zanones listed from the web site.
thank you again Peter.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

You are better off sending one letter to several of them that pick at random rather than just one an include a dollar inside an envelope with youir address so that they can mail you an answer and use the dollar to buy stamps to show your interest and put them in the position of having to answer you with graciousness. Peter