volcano eruptions

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Tinda

volcano eruptions

Post by Tinda »

I am trying to find out where a volcano erupted sometime after the 1950's. Somewhere near Naples maybe. That is where my g-grandparents are supposed to be from. Any help is appreciated.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

The only Volcanoe that is around Naples is Mount Etna and whether it erupted or not, there are numerous cities, towns and villages in that area so thats not much help. Weren't you supposed to wait for the form 81 to come in from NARA? Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Why the new posting for Sananella??????????????????I think you had better go back to your first posting and leave this one be so there is no confusion about who we are talking about. Peter
fabs

Re: volcano eruptions

Post by fabs »

Stomboli is a volcano which has been very active, it's located off the coast South of Naples.
Fabs
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Stromboli is an Island to the North of Sicily far from Naples, and is north of Sicily and is in the jurisdiction of Messina Italy and far into the Mediterranean sea. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

The volcano that ius around Naples is Mount Vesuvius and the volcanoe in Sicily is Mt. Etna. I erred and cross referenced them. In any event they are of not much use to your quest. Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: volcano eruptions

Post by suanj »

Tinda wrote:I am trying to find out where a volcano erupted sometime after the 1950's. Somewhere near Naples maybe. That is where my g-grandparents are supposed to be from. Any help is appreciated.
Hi:In Naples zone, is present the Vesuvio . Close there is Monte Somma that has volcanic characteristics. The last eruption of Somma-Vesuvio was March 1944. 20 March 1944 went destroyed two town: "S. Sebastiano al Vesuvio" and "Massa di Somma". The Monte Somma had sporadic and light volcanic activity towards 1964, but without damages. The Stromboli of the Aeolian islands had last eruption in 1890 approximately. In the 1950 eruption of the volcano in Island Santorini-Cicladi- Greece . (excuse my english)
Regards, suanj