Seminara - Sicily

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Biff83
Master
Master

Re: Seminara - Sicily

Post by Biff83 »

Denise,

I've been looking for a bit without success. Is there any chance that the family might have returned to Italy after 1900? Do you know for sure if they remained in the states?

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
deejasmine
Rookie
Rookie

Post by deejasmine »

I have no information on these people at all.

I do know that Mary Ferrara my GG-Grandmother was living with them in 1900 after she became widowed and the third child is missing from that census. After that they fell off the radar for anything that I looked up last night.

I tried checking the other census' but after the research everyone here discovered with names spelled incorrectly or in the least transcribing it incorrectly... I certainly can't say that I was looking in every avenue.

I was unsuccessful in searching for them at all...
here's something I didn't try...
When does the SSDI go back to? If Maria (Mary) Ferrara was found in the SSDI that might indicate when the family made a move either to another town, state or back to Italy.

Thanks for looking Biff, I appreciate it. I'll keep looking to see what I can find. ~Denise
Wish - Dream - Believe!
MTuscany99

Post by MTuscany99 »

Denise,
I came across your thread by accident. My name is Maria Seminara, mother of 2 children George & Christopher Seminara, their father (my ex-husband) was actually born Dennis Callas & took his mothers maiden name in high school. My late mother-in-law was born Lena Seminara, (but was Lana Bouboulis when she passed) daughter of Theresa & Ignazio Seminara. Theresa & Ignazio had many children ... from what I can recall, 2 sons Frank & I forget the other one, Stella, Mary, Frances, Evelyn. I am only in touch with (late) Stella's daughter Donna, but I do have ALL of Lena's papers and pictures (Donna & I buried her, her son wanted no part of it) ... I also have pictures of a female child born about 1951 who was named Denise Callas (name written on the back of the picture) shown in many pictures with Dennis (my ex-husband) WE never heard of my ex having a sister & when I asked 2 people I got 2 different stories of who's child she was and how she died...we found no death records for a Denise Callas.... Please contact me.