Information on Agostini family requested

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Drew_Agostini

Information on Agostini family requested

Post by Drew_Agostini »

Okay i have close to no information on them at all. However, I do know the following: There was a Count Agostini in Italy (don`t ask when, I dont know the dates) who was the personal doctor for Napoleon Bonapart.

Does anyone have any information on them or can anyone help me out?

thanks
Cheers,
Drew
Tamberino
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Information on Agostini family requested

Post by Tamberino »

Need more information, such as your grandfather's First name and grandmother's first and last names to even have a starting point. Agostini isn't an unheard of last name
Drew_Agostini

Post by Drew_Agostini »

Well my grandfather would matter little, as he has nothing to do with the Agostinis. My grandmother is Ana Maria Dalton, her father is Armando Dalton-Agostini.
juanminbar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by juanminbar »

the count is mentioned in this article.

Journeying on to Florence through the Tuscan countryside: Lucca, Pisa, Siena, Arezzo and other delightful towns dot the road to Pisa where who are guested of the Agostini family Villa di Corliano. The family - and 2 resident ghosts - still welcome guest at the Villa, much as it they were at the height of its fame in the 1770’s. The stay at Bagni di Pisa (health giving waters are still offered to an international clientele) and visit Pisa during one of the city’s festivals. The Villa has hosted many illustrious guests such as Gustavus III of Sweden, Christian II of Denmark, the Royal Family of Great Britain, Benedict Stuart Cardinal of York, General Murat, Luigi Buonaparte, Paolina Borghese, Carlo Alberto of Savoy, the poets Byron and Shelley, and various other personages from the history books. Legend has it that in the Villa della Seta at Corliano along the road running at the foot of the mount between Pisa and Lucca, there still moves the apparition of Teresa della Seta Bocca Gaetani, of famed beauty, descendant of an ancient Pisan family and given in marriage, in 1755, to the Count Cosimo Baldassarre Agostini. It seems that the noblewoman appears every now and then in the rooms of the mansion, moving tapestries and ornaments. Other times she has been known to slam doors and open windows. Some of the local peasants recall her arriving on certain nights by the light of the full moon. She appears on the drive of the park leading a coach and six, and then stops on the bend of the Ragnaia (“Cobweb cornerâ€Â
Drew_Agostini

Post by Drew_Agostini »

Thanks!

okay, so we now have the Count`s name....where do we go now? Sorry, I really suck at this, hence why I actually posted here XD.
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

Drew,

I order to help we need to know a little more information. Do you have any idea where or when your ggrandfather Armando was born? Where did he immigrate to? Names of wife and children, parents or siblings?

Any info you can post will help us direct your search. :lol:
Barga

Post by Barga »

Hi

There are many Agostini s in Glasgow Scotland from Barga