Can somebody do me a favor please?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jennci
Rookie
Rookie

Can somebody do me a favor please?

Post by jennci »

I don't know any italian and would like to post a message on www.tuttogenealogia.it Everybody was a huge help yesterday with info but I still can't seem to find the correct spelling of my great grandfathers name. Anyways if someone can help this is the info I have: Pietro Sannizzaro born in Guidomandri on 11/3/1884, mother's name ?Nunzia, had brother Biagio, married Giuseppina Cardilli (sp?), moved to US in 1912. Plenty of records in US but none in Italy spelling last name that way???

Thanks, Jenn
TonyDiNobile
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Can somebody do me a favor please?

Post by TonyDiNobile »

I found an Ellis Island record for a Pietro Sannizzaro arriving 6/26/1912 , other listings from Guidomandi , Italy spelled Sannizzero....However , when I search Italian Surname Distribution maps , I can't find any listings for Sannizzaro or Sannizzero....Cannizzaro does show up....I also found a Biagio Cannizzaro arriving 2/12/1902 , age 12....This might be a connection....
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

Hi Jenn,

possible the right of Pietro's surname was Sannasardo....
If you try to put this last name in this site you can find that it's not very common but there many Sannasardo in Sicily, even if not in the Messina area.... :?

http://italia.indettaglio.it/eng/cognomi/cognomi.html

There are Sannazzaro but in the North of Italy and a few in Campania Region.... :?
I think Giuseppina's last name was Cardile, it's pretty common in Sicily...
Try this one:
http://gens.labo.net/it/cognomi/

Laura
carmine1917
Elite
Elite

Post by carmine1917 »

Put it in English. Many Italians speak it. That is what I did.
jennci
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jennci »

Yeh, no problem finding them coming in to US but when I go to the LDS site nobody exists :cry:
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

Jenn,

why don't you try to order the LDS Births Microfilm about Guidomadri at you nearest Family History center and search for Pietr's birth act...
It can be easy, as you know his exact birth date... :wink:

Try this link to the microfilms:

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... ato+civile++

Laura
jennci
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jennci »

Hi Laura,
I do have a center close to me and was planning on going next week. Maybe you know.....are ALL the records available at each center the same ones that I could order?