pelletieri birthplace

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
nickopell

pelletieri birthplace

Post by nickopell »

I'm looking for Giussepe Pelletieri(father) and Domenico Pelletieri (son) birth records. the thing is that i don't know where they came from where they born, the only information i have is the record when they arrived to Buenos Aires:

surname: Pelletieri
Name: Giuseppe
sex: M
marital status: sposato (merried)
religion: catholic
profession: farmer
boarding port: Napoli
name of the ship: Provence
arrival date: 12/07/1886
estimate year of birth: 1848

surname: Pelletieri
Name: Domenico
sex: M
religion: catholic
boarding port: Napoli
name of the ship: Provence
arrival date: 12/07/1886
estimate year of birth: 1877

they might came from calabria o basiliscata. I'll apreciate an answer. thanks!!!!
Seraphina
Veteran
Veteran

Re: pelletieri birthplace

Post by Seraphina »

Hi Nickopell.

The cognome (surname) Pelletieri does not exist in Italy. However, the spelling Pellettieri does.

Go on the pagine bianche (residential phone book) on the internet and type in the surname, you will find all the Pellettieri listed in Italy. There are several in Basilicata and one in Calabria, but also some listed in northern Italy.

Good luck with your search.

Seraphina
England
Seraphina
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Seraphina »

Hi again Nick,

I should also have told you that the Pellettieri in Basilicata regiion all live within the province of Potenza. So that might narrow it down for you, if you think your family originated from Basilicata.

Good luck

Seraphina
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

Just checked Ellis Island to see where American Pellettieri immigrants came from. Most came from either Laurenzana or Castelmezzano, both in the province of Potenza. Also, here is the distribution today in Basilicata.

21.63 Potenza Potenza
20.16 Laurenzana Potenza
11.85 Castelmezzano Potenza
7.41 Pietrapertosa Potenza
6.20 Pignola Potenza
5.82 Oppido Lucano Potenza
2.86 Tito Potenza
2.73 Moliterno Potenza

Hope this helps. :lol: :lol:
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

Also found these records (one "T" spelling) which might be interesting for you to look through. Note the one from Buenos Aires!!!

http://ellisisland.jewishgen.org/gold.p ... ECTION=asc
nickopell

Post by nickopell »

thanx!!!!!!!!
LiliPell

Post by LiliPell »

Hello, My name is Liliana Pelletieri. I am Domenico Pelletieri´s granddaughter! the only thing that I know from him is that he lived all his life in San Martin de los Andes, Neuquén, Argentina. Here in Argentina he was registered as Domingo Pelletieri.
(He arrives to Buenos Aires when he was 9 years old)

PLEASE CONTACT ME!!!!
lcafarel
Veteran
Veteran

Post by lcafarel »

Nickopell, the concentration of the Pellettieri surname in the Laurenzana-Castelmezzano area of Basilicata (according to the Pagine Bianche, so omitting those with cell phones) suggests possible connections with my husband's family--Cafarelli/a--which has roots in the same area. In fact, I know of at least two marriages involving these families:

(1) In 1818, a Cafarelli daughter who was born about 1800 in Laurenzana and moved with her family to Ferrandina soon afterward married the son of a Pellittieri mother in Ferrandina. (This is a direct transcription of the surname as written on the marriage document.) The mother appears with a different surname (d'Alema) on some records (possibly from a previous marriage) but Pellittieri on the son's death record. I haven't yet found her BMD records. Also, I have seen the surname Pellettieri in other records from Ferrandina, and if I'm not mistaken, from some other towns in Matera province, as well.

(2) Someone I hired to research Cafarelli parish records for me in Laurenzana came across a record for a July 1807 marriage there between a Fanelli, born in 1780 to a mother named Maria Geronima Pellettiere, and the widow Rosa Cafarella, born on 19 December 1789 to the Magnifico Vincenzo Cafarella and Maria Rachele Motta. I don't yet know how Rosa is related to my husband's line, but we believe all the Cafarelli/as (and variants) in Laurenzana are related.

You will want to trace your direct lines backward in Italy, but I thought I'd mention these as something to keep in mind when you get further along.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi, by 1895 Argentina census:
Jose Pellettieri head b.IT
Manuela De Lorenzo wife b. IT
Domenico Pellettieri b. IT
Maria " b. IT
Rosa " b. IT
Vicenta " b. Argentina
Miguel " b. Argentina
Carmela " b. Argentina

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... c=11765946
I believe that they coming from Basilicata region..
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH