birth act where the mother declines to be named?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
warriorrabbit
Veteran
Veteran

birth act where the mother declines to be named?

Post by warriorrabbit »

I hadn't seen that before. Unless I'm misunderstanding it, which is a distinct possibility.

http://www.describe.org/genstuff/saija_ ... o_1880.jpg (The lower one.)

Question:

I sent an email to the Stato Archivio in Messina asking about military records, and asking them to contact me w/questions or payment options, etc.

How long should I give them before I assume the email was ignored/misplaced/dropped below the fold, etc. and send the same request via an actual letter?
nazca
Elite
Elite

Re: birth act where the mother declines to be named?

Post by nazca »

Good morning,
there are several answers when the mother declines to be named. For example she was under age, or she was poor and want her son was adopted, or mother's parents don't accept her mate and a son born without a marriage, or the man was married with another woman but sterile (like Abraham sarah Agar Ismael in the Holy Bible), and so on . I don't know the exactly answer but one of this is possible.
about messina : it is possible you'll wait one month or two.... manual research are very difficult in Archivio di stato..

best regards
Vincenzo
I'm searching lost relatives and descendant of my greatgrandfather Vincenzo Genualdi (or Gennaldi or Genuardi) and my greatgrandmother Concetta Davola (their sons: Angela, Carmela, Antonio, Bartolomeo, Ernesto, Simone, Riccardo, Maria) went in Chicago,Ill., and New Orleans, in 1880-1920 from Sicily. Other family related : Jacobucci or Jacopucci (from Central Italy).
tenby
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tenby »

Hi

I dont know if this is your greatgrandfather or if you have this already

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vincenzo Genualdi Pedigree
Male

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Event(s):
Birth: 23 MAR 1831 Sciacca, Agrigento, Italy

Christening: 23 MAR 1831

Death:
Burial:

Parents:
Father: Gaspare Genualdi Family
Mother: Rosa Cantone

Regards

Lynne
Goldenguinea

Post by Goldenguinea »

I dont know about your specific case but as I researched my family's town records via the LDS micro films I noticed quite a few birth records where the wife wasnt named. Lots of times the men were in their 50s or older (with a few in their 80s LOL) so I just assumed the children were illegitimate. I dont remember the exact wording for the mother but it was always the same phrase for these cases. This was in the 1870s
Contact me if you have info about the families: Mastronardi, Liburdi, Nicolia, Testani, Calcagni, Colella, Polselli, Iaboni or Zangrilli fro the Province of Frosinone