Please help me find info on my relatives

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
TBarbetta

Please help me find info on my relatives

Post by TBarbetta »

I was able to trace back the paternal side of family, but I can't find any records in Italy or info coming to Italy for my maternal side. I was told the following information but I am not able to verify in order to track back further into Italy. THis is the info I know... Thanks in advance for any help.

My great grandmother Giuseppina Risciguolo (they called her Josephine in America) was born in Italy to Domenica and Francesco Risciguolo. We believe they were from Calabria. Francesco was married prior to Antonia Iannuzzi who died in 1893. Guiseppina was born to Domenica in 1893. Francesco and his first wife had 2 children, Christina and Francesco who remained in Italy but no info on also.

I was told Giuseppina came to America in 1909 from Calabria at age 16. I suspect she came with her mother Domenica since Domenica lived and died in America. Giuseppina married my great grandfather Nicola Barbetta in 1910 in America at St. Anns.

Thanks for any help in finding info on that side of the family. I hit a brick wall :(
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Please help me find info on my relatives

Post by Italysearcher »

You need to find her ship manifest. If it was badly indexed you may need professional help. Try lostquays@ymail.com.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

Here is a copy of husband Nicola's naturalization record in which he gives his wife Giuseppina's birthplace as "Cosenza Donato Nasca"? I haven't been able to determine the town based on this information.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

Closest place I could find thus far for Giuseppina's town of birth is San Donato di Ninea in the province of Cosenza.

Biff
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

I think it might be the town of San Donato di Ninea province of Cosenza and the surname might of been changed from Rossiguolo

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

adelfio wrote: 18 Feb 2018, 15:05 I think it might be the town of San Donato di Ninea province of Cosenza and the surname might of been changed from Rossignolo

Marty
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Looking for info on your Giuseppa
Don't know if you have this the birth record of Nicola Barbetta
INDEX#35
1888 April 21st in the town of Torrevecchia in a house on via San Rocco birth of Nicola Barbetta son of Florindo Barbetta age 29 farmer and his wife Maria Carmina D'Loreto

PG LINK TO RECORD
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

Giuseppina's 1957 Pennsylvania death act:

Birthdate: 15 Jun 1893

From the death certificate, her father's surname was Iannuzzi and her mother's surname was Risciguolo/Rosignuolo. Father's surname could be Innocenzo; mother's Domenica.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

Here is the birth act from San Donato for a Giuseppina Iannuzzi, #66. Based on her death certificate, I believe this is your Giuseppina.

Born on 25 June 1892 at 5:20 pm in a house at Via Chioso?
Parents: Innocenzo Iannuzzi, 48, a farmer and Domenica Rosignuolo, a farmer.

Click on image to enlarge.
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

Biff83 wrote: 19 Feb 2018, 01:13 ......in a house at Via Chiesa
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
TBarbetta

Post by TBarbetta »

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate all the help! I will keep you posted what I find!
Grazie Milli!!
TBarbetta

Post by TBarbetta »

I was able to find the ship manifest for Giuseppina and Domenica list here: C:\Users\tbarbetta\Desktop\Domencia-Giuseppina Ship Manifest

The manifest says Domenica went to her sister "Rosa" in Bristol Pa. We have no history of a Rosa. I searched and didn't see a Rose. Can anyone help? Thank you
TBarbetta

Post by TBarbetta »

file:///C:/Users/tbarbetta/Desktop/Domencia-Giuseppina%20Ship%20Manifest

Link to Manifest
TBarbetta

Post by TBarbetta »

Sorry here is the ship manifest
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

I haven't been able to locate the manifest on Ancestry but this is a two page manifest. Wherever you found it, you can view the second page by advancing to the next image. This will give you the name of the person that Domenica and Giuseppina were going to in Bristol, PA. This could be another relative.

YI, the notations on Giuseppina's manifest line indicates she naturalized in 1942 in the Philadelphia office of the INS.

I'll check to see if I can find anything on Domenica's sister Rosa.

Biff