Looking for Savatore and Tomasso Barranti or Barrante

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Chief Barrante
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Chief Barrante »

Salvatore Barranti, my Great Grand Uncle Born 11/08/1846 and from what I have in notes he married at age 50 in 1896. He Entered USA in 1898 along with my Great Grandfather Antonio and another brother, Tomasso Barranti, born 22/04/1845. He also entered USA in 1898.
There names may have been changed at Ellis Island from Barranti to Barrante
Need help with their marriages Whom and their children.
Any and all information would be a great help Jim.Barrante@gmail.com
joetucciarone
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Looking for Savatore and Tomasso Barranti or Barrante

Post by joetucciarone »

Hi Jim,

I don't know if this helps you, but in the Trabia birth index for 1845, I found the birth of a Giuseppe Barranti (entry #60):

http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... ewsIndex=0

The date of birth seems to be May 30. The father's name is impossible to read, but his mother's name looks like it could be Maria Guadugno. The server is acting up so I can't open the actual, detailed birth record for a better look.

In the Termini records, I found the Nov. 28, 1844 birth of a Maria Barranti:

Here parents were Vincenzo Barranti and Giuseppa (I can't read her last name).

And this looks like the May 26, 1844 birth (in Termini) of a Vincenza Maria Barranti (writing is hard to read):

Her father was Giuseppe Barranti and her mother's name is illegible; the first name might be Giuseppa.

I didn't look at other years for either town because this handwriting is hard on my eyes!
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

joetucciarone wrote: 04 May 2021, 01:52 Hi Jim,

I don't know if this helps you, but in the Trabia birth index for 1845, I found the birth of a Giuseppe Barranti (entry #60):

The date of birth seems to be May 30. The father's name is impossible to read, but his mother's name looks like it could be Maria Guadugno. The server is acting up so I can't open the actual, detailed birth record for a better look.
I think Giuseppe's father is Ignazio
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
bbivona
Master
Master

Post by bbivona »

joetucciarone wrote: 04 May 2021, 01:52

In the Termini records, I found the Nov. 28, 1844 birth of a Maria Barranti:

Here parents were Vincenzo Barranti and Giuseppa (I can't read her last name) Filipello.

And this looks like the May 26, 1844 birth (in Termini) of a Vincenza Maria Barranti (writing is hard to read):

Her father was Giuseppe Barranti and her mother's name is illegible; the first name might be Giuseppa Silvestre.

I didn't look at other years for either town because this handwriting is hard on my eyes!
Researching Gibellina, Sicily surnames Bivona, Bonafede, Zummo, Ponzio, Bevinetto, Beninati, Fontana, Cipolla, Bruno, Manfrè, Lanfranca, and Navarra
Chief Barrante
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Looking for Salvatore and Tomasso Barranti or Barrante

Post by Chief Barrante »

Joe and all
This is all great info. checking my tree now to see if I have all these Barranti's or not.
But none of you mention TOMASSO OR SALVATORE reference my org post from May 2 ,2021. immigration Records show they enterered Ellis Island in 1898. Where did they go?
Chief Barrante
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Chief Barrante »

Joe and All
I forgot to mention that my research shows Salvatore born 11 August 1846 and that Salvatore married a Guiseppa Battaglia in 1896. I cannot find anything in Tomasso?
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

I apologise, but I could not understand if you are looking for info on Tommaso in Italy, or USA, or immigration records.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Chief Barrante
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Chief Barrante »

Pippo and Joe and Marty
My org. post goes like this

Post by Chief Barrante » 02 May 2021, 17:25
Salvatore Barranti, my Great Grand Uncle Born 11/08/1846 and from what I have in notes he married at age 50 in 1896. He Entered USA in 1898 along with my Great Grandfather Antonio and another brother, Tomasso Barranti, born 22/04/1845. He also entered USA in 1898.
There names may have been changed at Ellis Island from Barranti to Barrante
Need help with their marriages Whom and their children.
Any and all information would be a great help Jim.Barrante@gmail.com

Both Tomasso and Salvatore entered the USA in 1898 ..with my Great Grandfather. From there I cannot locate neither one of them. Who they married, children, census records or obituaries? Just like they showed up and processed through Ellis Island and then disappeared? HELP please --this is very important for my Family Book.
joetucciarone
Veteran
Veteran

Post by joetucciarone »

Here's Salvatore Barranti's birth record; I think it's April 17, 1846:

Salvatore (it might be spelled "Salvadore" at the bottom of the document) was born in Termini.
Chief Barrante
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Chief Barrante »

Thank you JOE
This could be correct--it is not what >I had but it is right at one year after birth of Tomasso (older brother ) born in April 1845. They both entered USA-- I have listed at age 50 --I could have read the scribblings wrong from my Aunt but it was 1898 when they both entered with my Great Grandfather ..But where did he go? whom did he marry? offspring , death, etc. I cannot locate anything on neither Salvatore or Tomasso. Thanks for the birht date.I will enter that in Chapter 4 on my Family Tree book.