what were consequences stealing italy1800?

As a nation state, Italy has emerged only in 1871. Until then the country was politically divided into a large number of independant cities, provinces and islands. The currently available evidences point out to a dominant Etruscan, Greek and Roman cultural influence on today's Italians.
debbie365
Rookie
Rookie

what were consequences stealing italy1800?

Post by debbie365 »

i am told someone robbed a bank or stole from a store and were made to leave there town would this be correct for that time period? as this is just a story i was told by a cousin who cant remember who it was about? just wondered what the penalties would be if any? thank you . i believe this occured 1850,s ?in italy south
surnames,Basilone, Calascione,Campofredano, Deluca, Occhionero, Glave, Intrevado, Angelozzi Peta, Frate
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: what were consequences stealing italy1800?

Post by PeterTimber »

Debby you can very well research this. Southern Italy in 1850 was part of the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies. Laws concerning robbery (fraud or holdups?) would be invoked if the subject of the arrest was found guilty.

Now think of this as homework......and go to Google.com and put in the title "What punishment meted out for Robbery in the Kingdom Of The Two Sicilies" and research the subject. I am sure with due diligence you canfind the answer. =Peter=
~Peter~
debbie365
Rookie
Rookie

Post by debbie365 »

thank you peter i did google it but didnt find the answers i wanted to hear. i will try this.i thank you. :) sincerely debbie
surnames,Basilone, Calascione,Campofredano, Deluca, Occhionero, Glave, Intrevado, Angelozzi Peta, Frate
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Debbie there are 500 references to this specific and related topics. =Peter=
~Peter~