Enlistment

As a nation state, Italy has emerged only in 1871. Until then the country was politically divided into a large number of independant cities, provinces and islands. The currently available evidences point out to a dominant Etruscan, Greek and Roman cultural influence on today's Italians.
didozo
Rookie
Rookie

Enlistment

Post by didozo »

Hi
I just found a relative's birth certificate on LDS records and it says he was born in 1856 but I also found on Portale della Storia deglia his enlistment papers, same parents, but for the same year. Did your child automatically get put into the enlistment book when they were born?
I've relooked at the birth certificate and I really think I have the correct one.
Any help would be appreciated as to how this enlistment thing worked.
Thanks Diana
Searching: Allenza -Villalba/Valledolmo, Marsala -Villalba, Trapani-Mistretta, and Mirra/Filippelli- Domanico, Benevento
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Enlistment

Post by Italysearcher »

Saved a lot of time 18 years later when they had to come up with the list. All they had to do was check which ones died.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
didozo
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Enlistment

Post by didozo »

Wow - really? I thought my records were incorrect and I was going down the wrong path. This is really helpful - thanks so much.
Diana
Searching: Allenza -Villalba/Valledolmo, Marsala -Villalba, Trapani-Mistretta, and Mirra/Filippelli- Domanico, Benevento