Uniform Identification

As a nation state, Italy has emerged only in 1871. Until then the country was politically divided into a large number of independant cities, provinces and islands. The currently available evidences point out to a dominant Etruscan, Greek and Roman cultural influence on today's Italians.
Thomas Codispoti
Rookie
Rookie

Uniform Identification

Post by Thomas Codispoti »

Attached is a picture of my Grandfather. He was born Jan 4 1879 in Scafati, Italy. I would like to identify his uniform.

I would appreciate any help you can provide.

Thank you
Thomas Codispoti
Attachments
Giacinto Sombrio uniform.jpg
Milez

Re: Uniform Identification

Post by Milez »

well Thomas, wish i could help. I see you got 197 views, no responses. Sorry to see that. I am in the same situation. My great uncle served, his two pics attached. I believe he served in sicily between 1910 and 1924 since he finally immigrated to Australia in 1925. He did come to the U.S. once in 1905, but returned. I'm trying to pinpoint when these uniforms were in use, and by which regiment, etc. Would be nice to know his military background. Hope someone on this site can help shed some light on it. Thanks.
Attachments
Grisaffi, Vincenzo (2nd Son).jpg
Brother Vincent Grisafi.png
Samandgiasmom

Re: Uniform Identification

Post by Samandgiasmom »

I am in the same boat. My grandfather was born in 1889 in Fondochello, Sicily, served in the Army sometime before immigrating to the US in 1912