Grandmother passed & left letters need traslation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
nickyras

Grandmother passed & left letters need traslation

Post by nickyras »

My grandmother has passed not to long ago and had left this letter for me in hopes that I could accomplish the task of finding my roots. I know that we had Family in Vietri Sul Mare, and I can see that in the letter but I have no one to translate could some kind person please help tranlate so I may fulfill her wishes. I only have it in a pdf file and it wont let me upload. Please e-mail me at nickras1974@yahoo.com and i will send .

Thanks All,
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Grandmother passed & left letters need traslation

Post by elba »

nickyras wrote:My grandmother has passed not to long ago and had left this letter for me in hopes that I could accomplish the task of finding my roots. I know that we had Family in Vietri Sul Mare, and I can see that in the letter but I have no one to translate could some kind person please help tranlate so I may fulfill her wishes. I only have it in a pdf file and it wont let me upload. Please e-mail me at nickras1974@yahoo.com and i will send .

Thanks All,
I have sent you an email!
elba
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
nickyras

Post by nickyras »

I have been contacted by a few people and I would like to thank them for their help. As we are all bussy in life its nice to know people are out there that stop and take some time to help compleat strangers to those of you who have contacted me to help I thank you. I have attached a copy of the translation which was so kindley provided. Thank You all again.

21 March 1973

Dearest cousins and all the family, I’ll set about writing to give you my news, I am enjoying good health as I hope you and the family are too.
Dear cousin, it would give me enormous joy if I could speak to you ‘live’, and get to know what you are like, as you know I had two brothers the first died in 1936 at 33 years of age, He was called Gennaro. The other brother was called Vincenzo and he died in1967 at 49 years of age, this last one died at work, he was a miner, he broke a piece of rock from a block of stone and it crushed him, I was very shocked by this and was left with a wife with five children who are all settled well and happily married now. The wife of the second was without children then (but?) had 5 sisters 2 of which are dead, three enjoy good health. The two who died were called the first Teresa died in 1970 at the age of 70 and the second was called Maria Antonia and she died at 54 years of age in 1971. For the three who are still alive I have included their addresses. They are as follows

Sig.ra. **Piscane/Pisircane/Pisireane Anna
Via Pilieri Raito per Albori,
Vietri S/Mare
84019 Salerno
Italy

** N.B. I’m Sorry, I just cannot make out the surnames here…

Sig.ra
Via Pilieri Raito per Albori,
Vietri S/Mare
84019 Salerno
Italy

Dearest cousin the address of the third I’ll send you in my next letter that I will write later because at the moment I can’t find the third is called Graziella and she lives in Genova. With this I’ll close and send you a warm embrace
Francesca **Piscane/Pisircane/Pisireane
Thanks to the lady who wrote this for me I owe it to her if you can read this news send yours apart (sorry I cannot read the last three words – they too indistinct…)
Nicholas Racioppi
New Jersey
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by elba »

Nicholas,
When I translated for you I could not decipher the surname that your grandmothers friend had written. For that reason I gave what I considered the family name 'may' have been.

But your grandmother's (family) name is at the end and I presumed that you would of course know the correct spelling.

The researchers here will not be able to help you find anyone unless they know the correct family surname. The three possibilities that I offered you will be of no use to them at all really. So if you DO know the correct spelling than post it here to get the help you need. If you DON'T know it then let me know and I will try and post the PDF file so the researchers can see the writing for themselves and try to read the name....
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Searching Campania, then Salerno, I found this spelling:

PISCIONE

perhaps the O is mistaken for A?

wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

I believe it may be PISACANE where the name is highly concentrated in the Napoli area. Try www.gens.labo.net. =Peter=
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

Here are telephone numbers for Pisacane in Vietri Sul Mare. Maybe this will help.

http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... &om=0&td=2
nickyras

Post by nickyras »

I must apologize for not getting back to all of you have been so kindly helping me I have unfortunately been extremely busy at work and the last thing I wanted to do was come home and get on the computer......Anyway My Great Grandmothers maiden Name was Josephine Pisacane she had a brother who I believe never left to come to America he was Frank Pisacane. I will try and call the phone numbers provided. If interested I will keep you all posted. Thank you again. And I shall be more vigilant in logging on.
Nicholas Racioppi
New Jersey