can you help

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
jolynn
Elite
Elite

can you help

Post by jolynn »

hello, could some one translate this for me? ciao john, sono francesco conte dall,italia volevo dirti che appena possible andro' al comune di cassino e cervaro per documentarmi sui tuoi antenati ti faro' sapere, a pesto. thanks, john
nazca
Elite
Elite

Re: can you help

Post by nazca »

Hi jolynn, it means :

"hi John,
i'm francesco conte from italy, i want to tell you that as soon as possible i'll go to Cassino and Cervaro town hall to document myself about your relatives. I will let you know soon."

best regards
I'm searching lost relatives and descendant of my greatgrandfather Vincenzo Genualdi (or Gennaldi or Genuardi) and my greatgrandmother Concetta Davola (their sons: Angela, Carmela, Antonio, Bartolomeo, Ernesto, Simone, Riccardo, Maria) went in Chicago,Ill., and New Orleans, in 1880-1920 from Sicily. Other family related : Jacobucci or Jacopucci (from Central Italy).
jolynn
Elite
Elite

Post by jolynn »

hello nazca,thankyou very much for that, could you or anyone translate this reply into italian, " hello francesco, thankyou very much for your help, i appriciate it. i think rosa, my great grandmother who was married to aquila conte had the surename di nallo or di nalla, her birthdate was the eighth of february 1856 in cassino. thankyou again, kind regards john" thankyou again nazca, regards john
nazca
Elite
Elite

Post by nazca »

... the translation is ....

" Ciao Francesco, grazie tanto per il tuo aiuto, lo apprezzo molto. io penso che rosa la mia bisnonna che era sposata con aquila conte avesse il cognome dinallo o di nalla, ed è nata l'8 febbraio 1856 a Cassino. Tante grazie. Distinti saluti. John"

Bye bye

Vincenzo
I'm searching lost relatives and descendant of my greatgrandfather Vincenzo Genualdi (or Gennaldi or Genuardi) and my greatgrandmother Concetta Davola (their sons: Angela, Carmela, Antonio, Bartolomeo, Ernesto, Simone, Riccardo, Maria) went in Chicago,Ill., and New Orleans, in 1880-1920 from Sicily. Other family related : Jacobucci or Jacopucci (from Central Italy).
jolynn
Elite
Elite

Post by jolynn »

thankyou vincenzo, much appriciated, regards, john
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

The birth records for 1856 are not in Cassino, but copies are available in Caserta.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
jolynn
Elite
Elite

Post by jolynn »

thankyou, i will let them know. what records are in cassino? some of the family were born, married and died in cassino between 1873 and 1902. is it far to caserta from cervaro? thanks, john