Help with translation of family documents

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Tasha

Help with translation of family documents

Post by Tasha »

I have 2 family documents that I would really like translated, If you can help me please contact me so I can send them to you. My E-mail is alex_micheal2001@hotmail.com Thanks
Tasha
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Tasha please explain what these documents are and how many pages are you talking about?? Peter
Tasha

Document Translation

Post by Tasha »

Hi

I believe they are documents from when my greatgrandfather left his home then traveled to Prodessi Italy and from there left to the USA. There are 2 pages one from Prodessi and the other from the provincia de Roma.
Tasha
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

are they letters written by someone to someone or are they documents with a heading on top of the page?? Peter
Tasha

Translation

Post by Tasha »

Hey!

On the very top of both documents there is some kind of crest and one says Comune di Prossedi and the other says Provincia Di Roma. Parts of the documents are hand written like it was a form of some kind. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Tasha
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Obviously is is either a birth or marriage certificate or perhaps some other kind of document. Go to the library and there is a book titled ITALIAN GENEALOGICAL RECORDS by Trafford R, Cole which will explain and translate the documents for you. You can also purchase the book in a bookstore and it is an interesting fast reading book on how to research your family on your own which is the fun way way to go. Peter
Tasha

Translation

Post by Tasha »

Thank you so very much, you have been a great help to me.

Thank you again
Tasha
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

We are here to assit and help people helpthemselves so they can enjoy,learn and accomplish . Peter