Need help with email translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
JScanio
Rookie
Rookie

Need help with email translation

Post by JScanio »

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if you could help translate something for me. I wrote an email to the consulate in Chile to see if we could file the citizenship application when we are Chile in November. I am not sure I completely understand his response. Would you help please!

My message to Chile:
Buenos Dias,
Tengo una pregunta.
Me gustaria aplicar para mi ciudadania Italiana por Jur Sanguinis.
Soy Chileno pero vivo en las islas caimanes. En Noviembre de este ano voy a visitar Santiago. Duranta esto tiempo quisiera entregar mis documentos dado que no hay un consulado italiano aca en Caiman.
1.Es possible hacer una cita para esa fecha?
2. Si no, cuanto tiempo es la espera para poder tener cita?
3. Que documentos son necesarios para aplicar a travez de mi abuelo italiano.
Le agradezco su consideracion y su tiempo.
Muchas gracias,
Jacqueline Smith-Scanio

His Response:Deve rivolgersi al Consolato in Spagna competente per territorio, Barcellona o Madrid

Is he saying we need to file the citizenship papers in Spain?

Grazie!
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Need help with email translation

Post by PeterTimber »

It says that you have to submit your application to the consulate that has jurisdiction for the territory (Chile?) either in Madrid or Barcelona in Spain.=Peter=
~Peter~
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

That's very strange, the Cayman Isles belong to the United Kingdom and they ask you to submit the application in Spain. Maybe they did not understand what you were asking...
I suggest that, when you are in Santiago, you go to the Italian Consulate in any case.
JScanio
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JScanio »

Thanks Peter.

I thought it was strange as well Livio... So I sent him an email back apologizing for asking twice, but if he was positive that we need to file in Spain. I also mentioned that the Cayman Islands is in the Caribbean and it is not the Canary Islands incase he interpreted Cayman for the Canary Islands.

Hopefully my email doesn't upset him. I was so happy to receive an email response period!
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

From what I gather you plan on travelling to CHILE and when there make application at the Italian Embassy/consulate, presumably, Santiago, Chile and the Italian Consulate in Chile referred you to the relating Italian Consulate in Spain.
I also advised you that for Italian Consulate matters for the Cayman Islands you are directed to the Italian Consulate in Miami Florida as one of the Italian Consulates that will accept applications from the Cayman Islands. =Peter=
~Peter~
JScanio
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JScanio »

Hi Peter... I sent you a PM message.