short translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
donnawright
Elite
Elite

short translation

Post by donnawright »

lo zio è Liberato e i giganti sono alberi sicuramente
Vivaldo è un altro loro fratello, gli altri non so..

What does this say, please.
Looking for Biagianti, Modesti & Vincenti in Tuscany and Tomaino, Curcio, Mazza, & Rizzo in Calabria
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: short translation

Post by PeterTimber »

where is this phraseology taken from?? You are either dealing with names or words?? =Peter=
~Peter~
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by elba »

lo zio è Liberato e i giganti sono alberi sicuramente
Vivaldo è un altro loro fratello, gli altri non so..

Translation:
...the uncle is Liberato and the giants are trees for sure Vivaldo is another brother of theirs, the others I don't know...

Seems to me that there might be a comma missing after the name Vivaldo...
But that's just 'my' take on it!
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
donnawright
Elite
Elite

Post by donnawright »

I stumbled across a family member in Facebook. 32 years old. Today she helped me with my "Poderuccio Problem" and is actually going there this weekend and will photograph for me. This is the actual house my grandparents lived in, restored today, and family still lives in it now. I'm close to tears here! If I understand correctly, Elba, this is the house that my grandparents lived in when he left her and the kids there for eleven years! (RE: The letter you translated for me earlier).

I sent this to her because I was going through some of the photos with writing on the back that you translated a few months ago and had questions. What I sent follows:

Ricordo quelle foto con la scrittura italiana sul retro? Vedi se riesci a scoprire chi sono queste persone, per favore.

Essi sono anche scritto "Caro Zio". Zio sarebbe stato il mio nonno Liberato Biagianti. Non riesco a immaginare chi altro. - end --

Her reply is what I posted today for translation. What I copied and pasted is exactly from her email today. I think there is a period BEFORE Vivaldo -- that she doesn't know the others but Vivaldo is a cousin. In another message she said Vivaldo is the one living there now. It's overwhelming me.
Looking for Biagianti, Modesti & Vincenti in Tuscany and Tomaino, Curcio, Mazza, & Rizzo in Calabria