help translate to English

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
LKate
Rookie
Rookie

help translate to English

Post by LKate »

Could someone please help me with this correspondence from my cousins in Italy? Thank you.
Laura

è stato bello anche per noi conoscervi anche se il tempo che abbiamo passato insieme è stato davvero poco.
In quanto alla cena avrei voluto che conosceste dei piatti tipici anche tenendo conto delle vostre preferenze culinarie, ma spero che ci saranno altre occasioni magari combinando delle escursioni in montagna assieme.
In Val d'Aosta ci sono dei bellissimi posti da vedere e vi mando delle foto che abbiamo fatto domenica scorsa. Siamo andati in un rifugio con accanto un oratorio( Oratorio di Cuney) che è il più alto d'Europa a 2652 mt.
Poi dovete conoscere Sara mia nipote e figlia di Maria Rosa. Lei l'inglese un po' lo parla. Magari anche Paolo potrebbe mettersi a ripassarlo così in qualche modo riusciremmo a comunicare, perchè mi dispiacerebbe perdervi di vista dopo avervi conosciuto in un modo così insolito.
A proposito come è andata la vostra vacanza a Orvieto e Roma? Siete stati contenti? La gente vi è sembrata disponibile? Spero di si così vi viene voglia di tornare; c'è Firenze, Venezia, Torino... insomma, c'è ancora molto da vedere.
Un abbraccio sincero a tutti e due e tanti cari saluti alla tua bella famiglia anche da parte di Maria Rosa e Paolo.
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: help translate to English

Post by elba »

Hi Kate,
Here you are... hope this is OK!
elba

Translation:
It has been nice for us too to know you even if the time we have had together has been so little.
As regards to the supper I would have liked you to know some typical dishes bearing in mind you cullinary preferences, but I hope that there will be other occasions where we can hopefully arrange journeys into the mountains together.

In the Val d'Aosta there are some beautiful places to see and I will send you some photo's that we took last Sunday. We went up to a refuge next to an oratory (Oratorio di Cuney) that is the highest in Europe at 2652m (8700ft).

Then you must meet (know) Sara my neice and daughter of Maria Rosa. She can speak a little english. Perhaps Paulo could also set-to and look at (his english?) again so in one way or another we will be able to communicate, because I would be sad to lose touch with you after meeting you in such an unusual way.

By the way, how did your holiday go at Orvieto and Roma? Were you satisfied? Did the people seem helpful? I hope so, that way you will want to return; there is still Florence, Venice, Turin.... well, you know, there is still a lot to see.

A warm sincere embraceto you both and many loving wishes to your family also on behalf of Maria Rosa and Paolo

If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
LKate
Rookie
Rookie

Re: help translate to English

Post by LKate »

Elba, this is so much more than okay! Thank you so much for your time and skill in helping to maintain connection with these wonderful and warm relatives. It means a lot to me and my family.

Have a great day.

LKate