Ianniello Matrimoni

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Iannuello Matrimoni

Post by Tessa78 »

Jim,

This is a birth record for Pasquale Mattora, dated November 19, 1852.
Baby presented by Matteo Mattora, son of Gennaro, age 30, farmer, residing at Strada de Vica(sp?) at 5 PM.
Born of Mariantonia, daughter of Lorenzo d'Arcangelo, age 27, farmer, residing with husband and above named address.

This record continues on Page 2...
Baby was born at 9AM, named Pasquale. Can't read the names of the witnesses.

Baptism record on the right side,
Recorded 20 Nov 1852
Baptized 19 Nov. - Pasquale Mattora

There is a note at the end of the baptism record on page 2...
On 19 Sept. 1883, Pasquale Mattora married Anna Maria Tamburrino in S. Maria CV.

T.
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Thank you T.
Do you have an opinion on my latest theory? You don't have to answer if you don't wish to. You are always such a great help to me.

Many thanks,

Jim
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Hi Jim,

I understand your frustration, but I think you will find the answer. As for the theory that the name of a child who died would be used again is not so far-fetched. I have a few examples in my own family (both sides :-) !)
I would definitely follow Livio's suggestion and request the 1888 birth record. Good luck. I'll be watching to see your posts about the solution to the mystery...

T.

PS - Errors are not totally out of the question.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Pasqualke Mattora born 19 November 1842
Father: Matteo, aged 30, farmer, son of Gennaro
Mother: Mariantonia di Lorenzo, 27, farmer, daughter of Gennaro

On the 2nd page, the annotation on the right states that he married Anna Maria Tamburrino on SEpt. 19 1883.
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

T., thank you for your support. I cannot figure out any other scenario that makes sense. Also, I found out last night that 1888 births seem to be missing from the LDS index. I guess it is just another hurdle to overcome.

Thank you Livio. I am confused (that has been happening a lot lately). Mariantonia is not a daughter of Lorenzo d'Arcangelo and both her and Matteo's fathers are named Gennaro?

Your help is appreciated.

Jim
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

I'm sorry, I mistyped.

The wording in the document is Mariantonia di Lorenzo di Arcangelo.

My interpretation is tha Mariantonia's surname is "di Lorenzo" and that her farthers' name is Arcangelo.
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Arcangelo is his given name?
Jim

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Yes, Arcangelo is a given name.
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Thank you Livio.

Jim
Jim

oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

I have ordered the film with the 1888 birth record for Antonia and the 1883 marriage of Pasquale and Maria.
However, another question remains. In this allegati register, is the actual marriage ceremony spelled out on any document? I was hoping to see the age of both sets of parents. From other things I have read, I thought this was included. Am I missing an important document or did they simply fail to record it?

Thank you,

Jim
Jim