Hopes for receipt of Allegatti or Processetti?

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
lilbees
Master
Master

Hopes for receipt of Allegatti or Processetti?

Post by lilbees »

Received 2 emails today from the Salerno Archives. I am hopeful that at least one of them contains some hope that I may receive some information.

I have made requests for the same in formation to the Archives and the comune for the past 6 or 7 months, both via email and letter, (all of which the Archives acknowledged receipt, but the comune has not.

I would like to write the Mayor of the comune since the Director of Civil Records has not responded to anything I have requested a search for. I am looking for the death record of my 3x great grand parents who were still living when my 2x great grandparents married in 1834.

Could anyone let me know if I really have some encourgement? Didn't want to trust the online translators for this.

lilbees
1. prot. n. 0119/28.34.07(1.1) del 18 gennaio 2010

Gent.ma Sig.,
nei processetti matrimoniali, che sono conservati nel fondo dello Stato Civile, spesso è allegata la documentazione di rito, qualora abbia notizie relative al matrimonio avvenuto nel 1834 a Roccapiemonte ce le invii e faremo la ricerca.
Distinti saluti
Il funzionario referente
dott.ssa Fernanda Maria Volpe

Il dirigente
dott.ssa Felicita De Negri

2. prot. n. 0118/28.34.07(1.1) del 18 gennaio 2010

Gent.ma Sig.,

siamo spiacenti di DoverLe comunicare che la ricerca effettuata nei registri dello Stato Civile in nostro possesso ha dato esito negativo.

Distinti saluti

Il funzionario referente

dott.ssa Fernanda Maria Volpe

Il dirigente

dott.ssa Felicita De Negri
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Hopes for receipt of Allegatti or Processetti?

Post by liviomoreno »

The first document states that you should search the "processetti matrimoniali" and when you have the correct info about the 1834 marriage in Roccapiemonte they will search it.

The second document states that they did not find anything in the registers they own.
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

Thank you Livio.

Oh dear! That means they do not have the allegatti and I need to try and request it again from the comune? If so, I have done that many times with no response.

Do you think it would be proper to elevate this request to the Mayor? I do have copies of all the letters I have sent with no response.

I will also have to go back to the comune for the death records I am requesting again. Again, this is a situation where I have made this request several times.

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

lilbees wrote:Thank you Livio.

Oh dear! That means they do not have the allegatti and I need to try and request it again from the comune? If so, I have done that many times with no response.

Do you think it would be proper to elevate this request to the Mayor? I do have copies of all the letters I have sent with no response.

I will also have to go back to the comune for the death records I am requesting again. Again, this is a situation where I have made this request several times.

lilbees
The problem is likely that you are asking the comune for records that they simply do not have.

The law which mandated that Italian comuni maintain these records only dates to 1860-something, well past the 1834 dates you seem to be researching. You may find that the only available records are those of the local church parish. Others on this board are better equipped to offer guidance on that type of research.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

Checking church records is out. The church burned down with all records. The only help I had with those was the "Stato d'Anime 1855"; which the priest was kind enough to go through.

I do have copies of records from that time period but the marriage book is under repair, per the comune and the Archives, because of water damage. The Archives does not hold the book for the processetti. That book is at the comune and. I was under the impression, that was not damaged from previous information I had.

lilbees
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

I see. Making matters worse, the Mormons (FamilySearch.org) don't seem to have any records at all for Roccapiemonte.

Perhaps this person could be of assistance? If nothing else, she may be an effective translator between you and the comune.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)