translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
themilitantcatholic
Rookie
Rookie

translation

Post by themilitantcatholic »

I want to send a request to Italy for my maternal great-grandmother's Birth and Marriage Certificate. Can someone post the proper letter form in Italian for me, all I know how to do is write down the address:

All'Ufficio di Stato Civile di Cirigliano
Comune di Cirigliano(MT)
Italy

If someone could write a short request letter in Italian for me, I would greatly appreciate it. I am going to the cemetery tomorrow in order to get the date of her birth.
misbris
Master
Master

Re: translation

Post by misbris »

Give us her name, approximate date of birth, marriage, name of parents (if you know ) and any other info that might help the comune identify her.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

You may check the form letters available at http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... civile.asp
themilitantcatholic
Rookie
Rookie

okay thanks, I have the year of her birth from the tombstone, not the day or the month, I will fill out the form on that site.
themilitantcatholic
Rookie
Rookie

Another question, I have a notarized copy of my grandfather's birth certificate from Italy, that I acquired from an Italian Citizenship Assistance Company. Stapled on top of the birth certificate is another paper with a notary seal, is that the Apostille? and what form letter would I use to get another notarized copy for a family member?