Giovanni Tamburrino death

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
oilman19
Master
Master

Giovanni Tamburrino death

Post by oilman19 »

Hi,
Can you translate this death act for me and tell me who Raffaele Perrota is. I think I may be close to solving the mystery of my grandfather Fioravante Ianniello's notation about a brother in law. Some pieces of the puzzle are coming together.

Thank you,

Jim

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx34 ... th1908.jpg
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Giovanni Tamburrino death

Post by Italysearcher »

Raffaele Perrota is the person declaring the death. He was a resident of Santa Maria Capua Vetere.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Raffaele Perrotta and Aniello Graziano are the people communicating to the Ufficio di Stato Civile that Giovanni Tamburrino, aged 18, single, son of Antonio and Marianna Valentino, died on 27 Dec 1908.

You cannot establish any relationship with Raffaele from this document...
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

I was hoping. There is definitely a relationship between the families of Tamburrino, Perrota, and Mattora which will solve some of the mysteries of my search. I am guessing that Antonio may be the brother of my g grandmother Anna Maria Tamburrino, but I lack any documents to prove my theory. Right now, all I have is the fact that they seem to be witnesses to each others official acts and their surnames are not real common in S.M.
I'll keep looking.

Thank you,

Jim
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Did you see an age for Antonio or Marianna on either the previous birth act or on this document? Were they still alive when their son died?

Thank you,

Jim
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

There is no birth date but both Marianna and Antonio were alive when Giovanni died. The document states "nato da" Antonio, if they were dead the sentence would have been "nato dal fu" Antonio
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Thank you for that guidance. My Italian lesson for today. I need it badly.
Since I have been locating birth acts, I find they provide 1. age of father and mother, 2. age of father only, and 3. no ages given. Is this done at the discretion of the official who records the act and is this common?

Jim
Jim

Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Jim and Livio,

Did anyone notice that there is a notation in the left margin of Teresa Tamburrino's birth act that looks like it contains the name "Perrotta", or am just seeing what I hope to see? Could this be a reference to a marriage?

T.
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

I was assuming she was the Teresa Tamburrina who married Francesco Perrotta, but I can't make the complete connection for my family tree. I need to know how she is related to my g grandmother. Many mysteries can be solved with that one piece on info.
I am hopeful.

Thank you,

Jim
Jim

oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Make that Tamburrino.
Jim

Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Jim,

Do you have the marriage record? From what little is showing in the birth act of Teresa, I would say the Perotta named is Francesco (you can see "sco" because the rest is not in the picture.) The notation should give you the marriage date which will help you in your search. The marriage record should give you the parents, etc.

T.
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

I have not looked for the marriage record yet. However, I have Teresa's parents Antonio and Marianna Valentino from her birth act that Livio translated for me this morning. Teresa and Antonio were siblings. I actually have birth acts for 2 more siblings which I have not translated yet.
As I mentioned earlier, I think Antonio is brother to my g grandmother Anna Maria Tamburrino. I simply have to prove it. I have not found birth or matrimoni acts for either person yet.
Your help and guidance is always appreciated.

Jim
Jim

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Tessa78 wrote:Jim and Livio,

Did anyone notice that there is a notation in the left margin of Teresa Tamburrino's birth act that looks like it contains the name "Perrotta", or am just seeing what I hope to see? Could this be a reference to a marriage?

T.
For reference: http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx34 ... th1879.jpg

I had missed it...

Teresa Married Francesco Perrotta on Nov. 27, 1907
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

In reviewing my older records, I came up with 2 questions about the original morti in this thread: :?

1. Can I assume that Giovanni died in Sessa Aurunca, Caserta, Campania?

2. Is there any reference to a wife?

Thank you
Jim

maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

Yes, it appears that he did die in Sessa but there is only the mention of his parents and not of any wife in this death record.