Simmaco Mattora

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
oilman19
Master
Master

Simmaco Mattora

Post by oilman19 »

I keep finding cousins for my family tree. Your help is appreciated.

Jim

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx34 ... th1885.jpg
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Simmaco Mattora

Post by Tessa78 »

From your post on Feb 7th. :-)

Hi Jim,

I have to agree with you that it looks like Simmaco. However, I didn't find that name among those on the web site Carmine posted.

For your reference
www.nomix.it/700s.php

The birth record is for the birth of Simmaco Martora, born on July 3, 1882, to Gennaro Martora, age 35, farmer; and Giuseppa Caserta, his wife at the house on Via Anfiteatro.
Witnesses: Alessandro Rauso and Francesco di Gennaro.

HOWEVER, This record is for Simmaco Mattora, born 3 April 1885
to Gennaro Mattora, 36, farmer/peasant and Giuseppa Caserta on Via Anfiteatro.

????

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Unfortunately, the photobucket link from your Feb 7th post is no longer working... so I can't see the first document that you posted on Simmaco Martora.

T.
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

It definitely was recorded as Martora on the previous document. I'm surprised I have not found the morti yet. I can't come up with any other scenario. Have you seen this type of name spelling issues before?
I think I have just become resigned to it. I'm no longer surprised when it happens. This is not a common name. The chance of all of these duplicate parents is impossible. I will take whatever my research provides me. I really appreciate your input.

Jim
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Interesting that one of the witnesses for the Simmaco birth in 1882, is also a witness for the Simmaco birth in 1885, (Alessandro Rauso), but not the other...

T.
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

I agree with you. I have little doubt that they are the same parents. It is highly unlikely that we have parallel families with such an uncommon name. The similarities are far too striking. I have accepted the fact that it will probably continue to happen on future documents.
I appreciate your interest in this issue.
Thank you,

Jim
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.