I need help translating Serafino Polizzi Birth Record???

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
trundo
Rookie
Rookie

Re: I need help translating Serafino Polizzi Birth Record???

Post by trundo »

These next 2 images look to be a marriage notification for Giuseppe Polizzi and I believe Orazia Maucer (Lauceri).

I believe I have some of it...

Italian
L'anno 1800 quaranto sette il di venti cinque del mese di Ottobre alle ore Ventitre noi D Salvadore Alavioa Nindaiy ei utliziale dello stato civile del Comune di Troina Distretto di Nicoria Provincia di Cantania attestiamo, che nel di Tra del mese di Ottobre anno convente giorne di Domenica fu affissa sulla porta di questa casa Comunale la sequent notificazione.

English
The year 1800 forty-seven of the twenty-five of October Twenty three o'clock we Salvadore D Alavioa Nindaiy utliziale and marital status of the District Municipality of Troina Nicora Province Cantania attest that in the years between the months of October convent days Sunday was posted on the door of this house the Municipal sequent notification.

But I am not use if I did it right and I know there is more.

Can you also look at these and translate?

Thanks,

Tom
trundo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by trundo »

Anyone have any luck Translating the 4 pages (consent_1 and 2 and misc_1 and 2) above to English?

Thanks,

Tom
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

Consents 1 and 2-
This is a record that was prepared by a notary in the town of Troina and communicated to a notary in the town of Agira.

Angela Pellizzeri, the mother of the prospective groom, Giuseppe Polizzi (he was of adult age), who had contracted marriage with Giovana Grazia Maugeri, the adult daughter of deceased Paolo Maugeri ( the name in this document has a g and not a c in it), appeared before a notary in her town of Troina to give her consent to her son's marriage. Also appearing with her were two witnesses who knew her. She could neither read nor write. So the notary, in a clear and intelligible voice, read aloud the consent act which he had prepared for her, in the presence of the two witnesses. It also mentions that Angela was the widow of Domenico Polizzi and the daughter of deceased Rocco.

Other than this pertinent information, there is really nothing else in these two pages which is relevant to your ancestry.
trundo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by trundo »

This is great. Any ideas on the 2 misc. pages?

This information will be great to share at our 48th annual Family Reunion next week.

Tom