Ferdinando Tescione

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
oilman19
Master
Master

Ferdinando Tescione

Post by oilman19 »

http://img257.imageshack.us/i/tescioneo ... r1837.jpg/
http://img249.imageshack.us/i/tescioneo ... r1837.jpg/
http://img441.imageshack.us/i/tescionef ... death.jpg/
http://img194.imageshack.us/i/tescionef ... death.jpg/

I have the death act of Ferdinando Tescione (30 Mar 1867) with reference to his 1st wife Caterina di Nardo and his present wife Antonia Orlando.

I also have the marriage of Ferdinando and Antonia on 24 Nov 1837.
Ferdinando's father is Alessandro and mother is Maddalena Esposito and he was born abt. 1791. Antonia was born abt. 1900 of (deceased) Arcangelo and Agnese Rauso.

In my family tree, I have an Alessandro (approx. same age) married to Girolama Signore (no date available).

If someone could look at the 2nd page of the marriage document to determine if there is any reference to a possible 3rd wife for Alessandro, it would be very helpful. I need to know if there are 2 Alessandro's or just 1.

Also, please feel free to correct any info I have gleaned from these documents as my translation abilities are limited.

Thank you very much. :)
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
maestra36
Master
Master

Re: Ferdinando Tescione

Post by maestra36 »

Jim
in looking over the list of required documents, I only see mention of the death record of the first wife of the groom. Nothing about a second wife.
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

Alessandro and Maddalena are both deceased at the time of the 1837 marriage.
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

I'm sorry. :oops:

I am looking for a reference to a 2nd wife of Alessandro to determine if this is the same Alessandro that is already in my family tree. That would be my link. I know it is a stretch to assume it would be there but I am hoping.

Thank you
Jim

Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Thank you for noting that Alessandro & Maddalena are both deceased in 1837
I did not pick up on that.
Jim

maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

Jim
Alessandro is deceased in his son's marriage record and also in his son's death record, so we are not getting any kind of information about him from either record, and neither record is indicating that he had any spouse other than Maddalena Esposito, who is also deceased in both of these records. Both records indicate that their son, Ferdinando, had two spouses and that's why I was asking if you meant him instead of his father in your post above.

I also think you meant to say that Antonia was born about 1800 and not that she was born about 1900.
Peg
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

Peg

Yes I did mean to say 1800. My typing is suspect.

I have these 2 documents with so much good info and I'm sure it will eventually link to my tree but apparently not yet. :(

Thank you so much for your help. :)
Jim

maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

Jim
Did you get this marriage record from the matrimoni film or from the processetti film? The processetti film would be the marriage packages and might have the death records for Alessandro, Maddelana, previous spouses, etc. A death record for Alessandro might tell you if he too had multiple spouses and give you their names.
Peg
maestra36
Master
Master

Post by maestra36 »

The births of Ferdinando and Antonia would be too early to be recorded in state civil records, but you could get copies of their baptism records. Such church records, including church death notes, are often with the processetti. If death notes are there though, they usually give very little information. Sometimes the age of the deceased is given, but often it is not. The record may not have the names of the parents of the deceased either. If Alessandro died anytime after 1810 though, when the state civil death records for SMCV seem to be available, his state civil death record may be with the processetti for Ferdinando's marriage. So you may get a death record for Alessandro and additional information about him that way. Otherwise, you only know that he was deceased by 1837, and there are a lot of rolls of morti film starting in 1810 that you would have to rent in order to try to locate his death record, assuming that he did not die before 1810.
oilman19
Master
Master

Post by oilman19 »

This was the atti di matrimonio for Ferdinando. There were no other documents.
Page 2 looked extensive, so I hoped maybe to find a notation about another wife for Alessandro.
I will have to pursue additional documents in the future.

Thank you
Jim