translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
maestra36
Master
Master

Re: translation

Post by maestra36 »

angela.volanti wrote:Yes...I know the marriage record is the correct one but I wasnt sure about the birth record. All records in the us show he was born on the 24th of Jan but I cant find any birth records for Salvatore born on the 24 of jan 1881. That's why I wasnt sure about this one. Thank you all for helping me!!!!!
I was going to suggest two things:
First that you look in Part II of the records for the year 1881 in case he was born in another town. That is one reason why a birth record might be in Part II and not in Part I. There are other reasons, but I'll leave it at that for now.

Second, you might want to try the same month and day but in the years before and after 1881. I found my maternal grandfather's record in 1883 and not in 1884, but 1884 was the year even my mother believed he had been born. He was 17 in 1900 when he came to this country, so the year of 1883 worked perfectly with his age on his passenger list.

Peg
angela.volanti

Re: translation

Post by angela.volanti »

Thanks for the tips!! I will try them. In the Indice Annuale Nascite it shows 2 Salvatore Militello's born in 1881 but in the atti di nascita There was only the one but I will try other years too.....Thank you again...Angela Militello Volanti