DiPersio Translation Request

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
TriciaFierro
Elite
Elite

DiPersio Translation Request

Post by TriciaFierro »

Hello my Italian Genealogical Friends! I hope everyone is doing well. I was down for a couple of weeks enjoying the Summer but back at it again :mrgreen:

I have two birth records I would like translated. My italian is coming back and I believe I have translated much of them but I am not positive my translation is correct and I do want to ensure I have accurate info. One is a birth record of Camillo Nicola DiPersio or Nicola Camillo (he was known in the States as Camillo)and the other is his sister Angiolina DiPersio. I am most intereted in the notation on Angiolina's record as well. They are housed on Image Shack if you have any trouble reading them here. Thank you! :D

By bopimageshack at 2011-07-11

By bopimageshack at 2011-07-11
Tricia Fierro
Surnames of Interest: Fierro, Castiello, DiPersio, D'Elia, Maimone, laVigna, Marano, leVigne, Panzone, Ruccio, D'Orta, Capuozzo-Capozzi, Calamita, Venditto, Chicchella
Ancestors From: Montecalvo Irpino, Roccanova, Villa Oliveti
PippoM
Master
Master

Re: DiPersio Translation Request

Post by PippoM »

On December 25th, 1892, at 12 a.m., in the Town House of Rosciano. In front of me, Giuseppe Basioli, etc etc...appeare Pantaleone Di Persio, 36 yeasr old, land-owner, living in Villa Oliveti, who declared that at 1 p.m. of day 23, in the house sistuated in Villa Oliveti no.52, Rita Torello, 33 years, land-owner, his wife residing with him, gave birth to a female child, that he shows me and to whom he gives name Angiolina.
Carmine D'Amico, 40 years old, peasant, and Giuseppe Belardi, 50 years old, peasant, both residing in this Commune, were witnesses of what above.
After I read the present act to the people standing, they could not sign it with me and the declarer, as they are illiterate.

The annotation states that Angiolina Di Persio died in Pescara on April 8th, 1983.

Please, I'd like you to correct my translation for my future use.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

On April 22nd, 1883, at 10 a.m., in the Town House of Rosciano. In front of me, Giuseppe Masioli (I can't read this name, in the other image it seemed Biasioli, but I suppose this is not important), etc etc...appeared Pantaleone Di Persio of the late Camillo, 24 years old, peasant, living in Villa Oliveti, who declared that at 5 a.m. of day 22, in the house situated in Villa Oliveti no.52, Rita Torello of the late Carmine Antonio, 24 years old, peasant, his wife residing with him, gave birth to a male child, that he shows me and to whom he gives names Nicola Camillo.
Giuseppe D'Andrea, 70 years old, peasant, and Mattia Di Bartolomeo, 50 years old, peasant, both residing in this Commune, were witnesses of what above.
After I read the present act to the people standing, they could not sign it with me and the declarer, as they are illiterate.

As you can see, there's an incongruence about Pantaleone's age.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
TriciaFierro
Elite
Elite

Post by TriciaFierro »

Thank you so much Pippo! :)
Tricia Fierro
Surnames of Interest: Fierro, Castiello, DiPersio, D'Elia, Maimone, laVigna, Marano, leVigne, Panzone, Ruccio, D'Orta, Capuozzo-Capozzi, Calamita, Venditto, Chicchella
Ancestors From: Montecalvo Irpino, Roccanova, Villa Oliveti