Need help translating baptismal records

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
italian059
Master
Master

Need help translating baptismal records

Post by italian059 »

Could anyone please translate these baptismal records I found on Family Search. They are as follows:

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/1192 ... baglio.jpg

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/6155 ... ecord2.jpg

Any info would be appreciated.
PippoM
Master
Master

Re: Need help translating baptismal records

Post by PippoM »

Die 10 mensis Februarii anno domini 1884.
Ego ioannes Sacerdos Governati de licentia Rev.mi decani baptizavi infantem marem die 7 huius natum hora undecima cum dimidia postmeridiem ex Vincenzo Baglio, Josepha Lorino jugalibus huius civitatis, cui nomen Petrus. Patrini fuere Ioseph Citrano et Rosa Blasia Fontanetta jugales huius civitatis.

(Side Note) Sposato in New Orleans li 8 Gennaro 1917 con Martorana Vincenza di Raffaele e di Maria Laciura di Monreale.

I, priest Giovanni Governati, by permission of the Reverend Dean, baptized a male child born on day 7th current, at 11.30 p.m., son of Vincenzo Baglio and Giuseppa Lorino, husband and wife of this town, who was given name Pietro. Godparents were Giuseppe Citrano et Rosa Biagia Fontanetta, husband and wife of this town.

Married in New Orleans Martorana Vincenza of Raffaele and Maria Laciura from Monreale, on January 8th, 1917,
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

Ego Sac. Franciscus De Paula Gearardi de lic.a R.mi (can't understand) baptizavi infantem natum hoc mane hora 14 ex Vito Baglio et Carmela Bonfanti jug. h(uius) c(ivitatis), cui nomen imposui Blasium. Patrini fuere Marianus et Francisca Lorello frater et soror innupti h.c.

I, priest Francesco De Paola Gerardi, by permission of the Reverend xxx, baptized a male child born today at 2 p.m., son of Vito Baglio and Carmela Bonfanti, husband and wife from this town, whom I gave name Biagio. Godparents were Mariano and Francesca Lorello, unmarried siblings from this town.

If you could correct my translation I would be grateful to you, so I could improve my English.
P.S.: I'm not so absolutely sure about the correct spelling of names!
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
italian059
Master
Master

Post by italian059 »

The name on the second translation is Carmela Briganti. I sent you a private message that includes the date that was on this record. I think we may have the wrong date for my grandfather's birth. Would you consider looking at his birth certificate and translating his birth date? I could send it to you. Thanks so much for the translations.