Translation Req. - Badolato Marriage Record in Latin

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
maria280
Rookie
Rookie

Translation Req. - Badolato Marriage Record in Latin

Post by maria280 »

I would appreciate help with translating this latin marriage record to english.
Thank you.
Maria

Direct Link: http://postimage.org/image/knvvyeck/
maria280
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Translation Req. - Badolato Marriage Record in Latin

Post by maria280 »

Additional information for my post. Apologies for not including this in the first post.

What I can read from the entry and the names that are my relatives are:

Taetano Sangey e Pierro Birniella per…? pojo? ...? Salvadore Cerriglia, a Giovanni Paternojoro? ....?.. Matrimo. A Giuseppe Badolato ...?... Pasquale Badolato, e Biaggia Catalino ………?…, ed Antonina Fiducia ...?.... Leopoldo Fiducia, e Rosalia Magri …?. …?. Native? del com. A della? Sambuca, … infamilia? abritante? …. …

Thanks again. Maria

Direct Link: http://postimage.org/image/knvvyeck/
Julo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Julo »

It's not latin but italian of those times, a little archaic...
This is what I get:

A 24... Gaetano Sanges e Pietro Birrittella per la sposa ... Salvatore Cerniglia a Giovanni Paternostro per la sposa per lo matrimonio di Giuseppe Badolato filien: dei ... Pasquale Badolato, e Biaggia Catalinotto ... ..., ed Antonina Fiducia filien: ...Leopoldo Fiducia, e Vasalia Magni ? ... nativa del comune della Sambuca, e dall'infanzia abitante di quella citta'.
maria280
Rookie
Rookie

Post by maria280 »

Julo,
Thanks so much. Your italian is most helpful. I have added a few more words that I can now make out by following your italian.
? marks indicate what I still can't read in the document. - any ideas?

'A 24..?. Gaetano Sanges e Pietro Birrittella per la sposo ... Salvatore Cerniglia a Giovanni Paternostro per la sposa per lo matrimonio di Giuseppe Badolato figlio en: ? dei ... di Pasquale Badolato, e Biaggia Catalinotto un tempa...?... di quella citta', ed Antonina Fiducia figlia : ?...di Leopoldo Fiducia, e Rosalia Magri ? ... nativa del comune della Sambuca, e dall'infanzia abitante di quella citta'.

With the English translation being:
'A 24 ... Gaetano and Pietro Sanges Birrittella for the groom ... Salvatore Cerniglia and Giovanni Paternostro for the bride for the marriage of Joseph Badolato son: the ?? of Pasquale Badolato, and Biaggia Catalinotto formerly <missing words/home town?>…of that city And Antonina Fiducia daughter: ?? ...of Leopoldo Fiducia, and Rosalia Magri ...? native of the town of Sambuca, and childhood resident of that city '

maria