Totally motivated now...

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
AmyT
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Totally motivated now...

Post by AmyT »

Like I said, "What a life you must lead!"

No $40.00 isn't all THAT much considering it's a year's subscribtion, considering thats what it takes to fill my gas tank these day's. Its just that its Christmas time and that makes for a tight budget when everything is said and done.
Image 'If you never open doors to let anyone in, no one can get in, but neither can you get out.'
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I am an agent of the devil and my duties here on earth are largely ceremonial. I intend to live forever-so far so good. Do you need assistance? Peter
AmyT
Veteran
Veteran

Post by AmyT »

Peter, your job must keep you terribly busy. :twisted: God has work to do eh?

The only real assistance it seems I need at the moment is funding my illegal commodities trade ... you know.. while you do your illicit evil works.. One must keep up appearances!
Image 'If you never open doors to let anyone in, no one can get in, but neither can you get out.'
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I agree with you. As you know Eagles may soar,but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines. Peter
AmyT
Veteran
Veteran

Post by AmyT »

I'm laughing, but that is a terrible quote.. :lol:
DeliBoy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DeliBoy »

Amy,

"doesn't it take 10 times to unlearn something you've learned once?" – I know what you mean, which is why it is such a great pity that Peter has now twice given "io vado" as a translation of "I go". I have no doubt that on the 4th of January you will be taught that personal pronouns are only used for emphasis or clarification in the case of ambiguity. When Italians want to say "I go" they simply say "vado", the same rule as in Latin if you remember. Good luck with your course. May I ask who the Italian music artists you liked were?

Mindy,

Welcome. Disney??? For a four year old??? Have you lost all of your senses? Surely Dante would be more appropriate. We must start with the proper foundations.

Peter,

You are a Satanist!!! Why didn't you say so in the first place? Now I can see what you are up to. However, I have just checked out the Vatican website, and it clearly states that you must perform your own acts of contrition. It doesn't count if we memorise all the grammar on your behalf.
AmyT
Veteran
Veteran

Post by AmyT »

My posts always start scandal..

Satanists.. etc..

Deli,

The artists were varied, and mostly pop, which doesn't usually appeal to me unless I'm working out. If there was something in a similar genre of maybe Tori Amos, Portishead, or even something mainstream like No Doubt would be fine. I'm just not sure what is available, but when my class starts I am hoping it will be easier to get the gist of Italian websites so that I can read about and find something I'd enjoy listening to.

~Amy
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Dear deli delivery boy I used io vado as a grammatical point which you well know and cleverly misinterpreted what I said and why I said it. Thus your conclusion is apparently the place where you got tired of thinking. The problem here is that the genepool had no lifeguard so it would seem. peter
AmyT
Veteran
Veteran

Post by AmyT »

*Edited* :oops:

I hope everyone is having a great holiday season! I'm off to Dallas soon then back to start my Italian course and hope I can get help with my homework!? :wink:
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Lots of luck, spend less than you have and you will always have thephilosophers stone. peter