Birth Record from Porto Empedocle - Guiseppe Mancuso

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
salveminif
Rookie
Rookie

Birth Record from Porto Empedocle - Guiseppe Mancuso

Post by salveminif »

Hello, I found my maternal grandfather's birth record. No one in the family knew what town in Sicily my grandfather came from. I was thrilled to discover the town by way of my great-grandfather's Ellis Island immigration record where the town was misspelled. By suggestions of the different forums, I decided to try a different spellings of the town noted on the manifest and thought it could possibly be Porto Empedocle. I was joyful to find the record on LDS website and I paste the link below for some help in translating. Especially eager to find if the occupation(s) are listed and an address that I might try to find living relatives still there. Thank you for any help.
Frances

first entry left side of page - #168 Guiseppe Mancuso

http://postimage.org/image/q50m6y4m7/
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Birth Record from Porto Empedocle

Post by adelfio »

Hi Frances,
Which one is your record?

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
salveminif
Rookie
Rookie

Post by salveminif »

Sorry Marty, I will edit. It is Guiseppe Mancuso - order no. 168
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Birth Record from Porto Empedocle - Guiseppe Mancuso

Post by adelfio »

1872 July 29th recorded before the civil official of Porto Empedocle Giuesppe Gangi appeared Domencio Mancuso age 29 marinaio (sailor)at 6:00 pm on July 27th at a house on strada Fanti with his legal wife Grazia Albano age 20 declared the birth of a baby boy named Giuesppe Mancuso
Witnesses
Gaetano Bonadonna age 51
Salvatore Bonadonna age 25

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
salveminif
Rookie
Rookie

Post by salveminif »

Thank you Marty. In your experience with these records, would the witnesses be related or friends to the Mancusos or are they connected to the official office.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

They could be anyone.....sometimes relatives most of the time not
I have some records in my family the same witnesses I thought that was there job being a witness LOL

Marty

Marty
Lucap
Master
Master

Post by Lucap »

salveminif wrote:It is Guiseppe Mancuso
In italian the name GUIseppe doesn't exist: the correct form is GIUseppe, that sounds very different: try with this site (choose Italian for the language.) http://www.oddcast.com/demos/tts/emotion.html
salveminif
Rookie
Rookie

Post by salveminif »

Thank you Lucap. I appreciate the correction. Frances