Rosa Catalano death

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
lilbees
Master
Master

Rosa Catalano death

Post by lilbees »

I don't have a clue where to look for Rosa Catalano's death record. All I have is a document included in the Allegati for her daughter Maria Concetta Facella 1909. I looked up the name of the comune on the paper but that is so far north in Italy I can't really believe it. I understand the dates but need to be positive that is what this notation is.

http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq32 ... 25-001.jpg

Hopefully someone can take a look and let me know.

Thank you,
lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
paola52
Elite
Elite

Re: Rosa Catalano death

Post by paola52 »

In 1909 Rosa was in Palermo asylum where she was admitted in 1893. So it is possible that she died in Palermo
As for the comune of birth I read Lercara. The only Lercara I know of is Lercara Friddi near Palermo. So it makes sense.
Ciao
Paola
Researching Provinces of Varese, Como and Milan and the valleys around Turin
lilbees
Master
Master

Re: Rosa Catalano death

Post by lilbees »

Thank you Paola. I have her birth record from Lercara Friddi, that is confirmed. As far as her death, I guess that will remain a mystery for a while longer. This note also explains the children living with the sister-in-law Maddalena.

Thanks again,
lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa