Marriage Record: Concetta Giuditta Ermigiotti

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
JOHN08
Master
Master

Marriage Record: Concetta Giuditta Ermigiotti

Post by JOHN08 »

My translation of this marriage record:

On 1899 on the 7th of December, appeared:

1. Angelo Maria Concezio ? Tezzoni ?, age: 22, occupation: ?, born: Atri, living: Atri - single, son of Domenico, living: Atri, and son of Cecilia Ferretti, living: Atri.

2. Concetta Giuditta Ermigiotti, age: 21, occupation: seamstress, born: Atri, living: Atri - single, daughter of Silvo, living: Atri, and daughter of Giuditta Maranella, living: Atri.

Witnesses: Vincenzio Pavone, age: 29, shoemaker, and Sommato Antonelli, age 25, tailor.

The bottom section lists more names. Are they also witnesses to this marriage record?

Thanks or any additions/corrections.

John

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/6206 ... imarri.jpg
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Marriage Record: Concetta Giuditta Ermigiotti

Post by erudita74 »

[quote="JOHN08"]My translation of this marriage record:

On 1899 on the 7th of December, appeared:

1. Angelo Maria Concezio Tezzoni , age: 22, occupation: CARPENTER, born: Atri, living: Atri - single, son of Domenico, living: Atri, and son of Cecilia Ferretti, living: Atri.

2. Concetta Giuditta Ermigiotti, age: 21, occupation: seamstress, born: Atri, living: Atri - single, daughter of SILVIO, living: Atri, and daughter of Giuditta Maranella, living: Atri.

Witnesses: VINCENZO Pavone, age: 29, shoemaker, and TOMMASO Antonelli, age 25, tailor.

The bottom section lists more names. Are they also witnesses to this marriage record?

Thanks or any additions/corrections.

John

On the bottom, in the handwritten section, first it states that the publications were made on Nov 26th and Dec 3rd, both Sundays of the current year. Then it states that the spouses, in the presence of the witnesses, exposed that a daughter had been born from their natural union last October 4th and was named Giulia Carmela Anna Tezzoni and, in an act (#345, Part I) formulated by the town official last Oct 8th, was said to be the groom's daughter and the daughter of an unknown mother. The spouses stated that wanted to recognize their daughter and have this marriage legitimize her.
JOHN08
Master
Master

Post by JOHN08 »

Erudita,

I was really confused with the names listed in the bottom section. Thanks for this critical information.

Without the help of the genealogist such as yourself at this website, I, without a doubt, would overlook critical information documented in my researched records.

Thank you!

John
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

JOHN08 wrote:Erudita,

I was really confused with the names listed in the bottom section. Thanks for this critical information.

Without the help of the genealogist such as yourself at this website, I, without a doubt, would overlook critical information documented in my researched records.

Thank you!

John

Happy to help, John. Now you should be able to find the child's birth record.
Erudita