birth certtiicate

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
frankcsr
Rookie
Rookie

birth certtiicate

Post by frankcsr »

Hello, I have a zerox copy of my grandfathers (Rosario D'Angelo) and grandmothers(GUISEPPA) birth certificate from Ali,Sicily 1886. I cannot read the hand written portion. If I can find a translated copy of the printed form it may help me to translate the handwritten portion. Any help that you can give me is appreciated.
Thank you,
Frankcsr
frankcsr
Rookie
Rookie

Re: birth certtiicate

Post by frankcsr »

Hello again and thank you for allowing my post. I forgot ti say that my grandmothers maiden name was Miceli.
Frankcsr
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

INDEX# 57
1886 Oct 6th recorded born on 3rd at 8:00 PM in the town of Ali at house on via San Santo before the civil official Giacomo Raneri appeared Paolo D'Angelo age 26 farmhand presented a baby boy named Rosario D"Angelo from a union with a woman chose not to be named
Witnesses to the signing of the record
Tommaso Di Blasio age 64 son of deceased Francesco
Carmelo Doni age 30 son of deceased Sebastino

Record

Birth Translation
https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki ... Record.jpg

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

adelfio wrote:INDEX# 57
1886 Oct 6th recorded born on 3rd at 8:00 PM in the town of Ali at house on via San Santo before the civil official Giacomo Raneri appeared Paolo D'Angelo age 26 farmhand presented a baby boy named Rosario D"Angelo from a union with a woman chose not to be named
Witnesses to the signing of the record
Tommaso Di Blasio age 64 son of deceased Francesco
Carmelo Doni age 30 son of deceased Sebastino

Record

Birth Translation
https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki ... Record.jpg

Marty
Nice find, Marty. Two minor corrections. First witness's surname is Di Blasi; second witness's surname is Davi. The latter surname Davi appears in the town with and without an accent after the final letter.
Erudita
frankcsr
Rookie
Rookie

Post by frankcsr »

I would like to say thank you for the quick reply and information.
I have a question. Where did you find this info as I would like to find more info on my grandfathers mother. I always assumed that she was Paula Rao and she came to the USA with her other children Camelo, Giovani, Camela and Paula.
I would like to research my paternal grandfather Francesco Crisafulli from Massa Santa Lucia, Sicily born April 1886. When I was a child I remember him telling me he was in the Italian navy so I would like to find out more. I cannot read or write Italiam so if you can point ne in a direction it will be appreciated.
thank you in advanced.
frankcsr
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

The records come from online familysearch.org you have to join its free and safe.
Birth record of Giuseppa Miceli
Italy, Messina, Messina, ...on (Tribunale), 1866-1939
Alì
Nati 1866-1910
Image pg 773 of 2175
PG LINK CLICK ON PROMPT
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... c=14215324

INDEX#45
In the year 1886 Aug 2nd(DAY BIRTH ACT WAS RECORDED) in the town of Ali before me Gaetano Barbera civil official appeared Antonio Miceli age 41 farmhand son of deceased Angelo Miceli residing in Ali at 2:00 AM on the 30th day of July in a house on via Clirella?? with his wife Paola Sparacino cotton spinner daughter of deceased Tommaso Sparacino declared the birth of a baby girl named Giuseppa Miceli
Witnesses to the signing on the act
Filippa Cozzi age 29 farmhand son of Carmelo
Girolamo Manganaro age 26 farmhand both residing in Ali they didn't sign the act only the civil official
CLICK FOR RECORD CLICK TO ENLARGE

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

All these records were found online enter
Trova i nomi then ITALIA then Messina then Ali
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... e-le-fonti

Birth of Paola Sparacino
INDEX#6
1845 Jan 25 in the town of Ali birth of Paola Sparacino daughter of Tommaso Sparacino age 28(1817)and and Angela Davi age 40(1805)she was baptized in the the Church of Sant Agata Jan 26 1845
PG LINK TO RECORD RIGHT SIDE RECORD IS FAINT
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 7.jpg.html

Birth record of Antonio Miceli
INDEX# 37
1845 Dec 2nd in the town of Ali birth of Antonio Miceli son of Angelo Miceli age 36 (1809) farmhand and Giuseppa Bertucci age 30 (1815)baptized at Sant Agata same day
PG LINK TO RECORD RIGHT SIDE RECORD
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 8.jpg.html

Marriage of Angelo Miceli and Angela Bertucci
1835 Aug 28th in the town of Ali marriage of Angelo Miceli age 34 born in Ali son of deceased Sebastino Miceli and deceased Agata Andronaro to marry Angela Bertucci age 23 born in Ali daughter of Domenico Bertucci and Maria D"Angelo married in the church of Sant Agata
PG LINK TO RECORD
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Marty

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Looking at Rosario D"Angelo marriage record from Boston his mothers name was Giovanna Rao not Paola Rao

Rosario D'Angelo, "Massachusetts, Marriages, 1841-1915"
Name: Rosario D'Angelo
Titles and Terms:
Event Type: Marriage
Event Date: 29 Sep 1912
Event Place: Boston, , Massachusetts
Marital Status:
Race:
Birth Date: 1886
Birthplace: , , Italy
Registration Year:
Registration Place: Boston, , Massachusetts
Birth Year (Estimated): 1886
Father's Name: Paolo D'Angelo
Father's Titles and Terms:
Mother's Name: Giovanna Rau
Mother's Titles and Terms:
Spouse's Name: Giuseppa Misceli
Spouse's Titles and Terms:
Spouse's Race:
Spouse's Marital Status:
Spouse's Father's Name: Antonino Misceli
Spouse's Father's Titles and Terms:
Spouse's Mother's Name: Paola Sparacina
Spouse's Mother's Titles and Terms:
Certificate Number: 13113
GS Film number: 2409944
Digital Folder Number: 4329369
Image Number: 00725
Number of Images: 1

Birth of Giovanna Rao
INDEX#41
1865 Oct 22nd in the town of Ali birth of Giovanna Rao daughter of Luciano Barresi age 46 journalist and Agata Rao age 36(TOOK HER MOTHERS NAME) she was baptized Giovanna Barresi at the church of Sant Agata
PG LINK TO RECORD
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Marty

Marty
frankcsr
Rookie
Rookie

Post by frankcsr »

Marty, I want to thank you for all the effort that you have put into finding these records for me. It will take me a while to figure out and put everybody in order. I wish that I could read Italian expessially cursive writing.
Thank you again.
Frankcsr
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Ok after looking into the family a little deeper here is the info I came up with that's verified with records I will keep looking for more info as I get time
I found the marriage of Paolo D'Angelo and Giovanna Rao
INDEX# 20
1893 Dec 17 in the town of Ali marriage of Paolo D'Angelo age 34 farmer son of Giovanni D'Angelo and deceased Paola Manganaro married Giovanna Rao age 29 daughter of deceased Carmelo Rao and Carmela Miceli
Says that they had 2 children before they were married Rosario and Giovanni D'Angelo and now that they are married that recognize them as their children legally
PG LINK
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... c=14215318

Giovanni D'Angelo birth record
INDEX #30
1890 Mar 14 in the town of Ali birth of Giovanni D'Angelo son of Paolo D'Angelo age 28 farmhand gave birth to a baby boy named Giovanni D'Angelo from a union with a woman chose not to be named

Birth of Carmelo D'Angelo
INDEX#57
1895 June 29th in the town of Ali birth of Carmelo D'Angelo son of Paolo D'Angelo age 36 farmhand gave birth to a baby boy named Carmelo D'Angelo with his legal wife Giovanna Rao

Click on for D'Angelo Tree

CLICK on for Miceli Tree

Marty

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

You can find the other siblings of Rosario D'Angelo there are indexes at the end of the year your searching
Here is a good video to watch for translating Italian records
https://www.familysearch.org/learningce ... 22Italy%22

Marty

Marty
frankcsr
Rookie
Rookie

Post by frankcsr »

Marty thank you for all the info. I do not know if this is the right forum to ask for the following, if it isn't let me know where I should post.
Looking for info on Francesco Crisafulli born April 13, 1885 in Massa Santa Lucia, Sicily. Came to the USA in April 1910 then returned to Sicily I think in 1913 to marry Maria Costa (maiden name Calapia) on April 20, 1913, he came back to USA July 24,1913 and she came to USA in April 6 1914I cannot find their birth or marriage cert. Also I believe he was in the Italian Navy but cannot find that info. I believe they left relatives in Sicily but dont have any proof of land they owned. Again thank you for your help
frankcsr
frankcsr
Rookie
Rookie

Post by frankcsr »

Marty
Can you tell me what church Rosario D'Angelo and Giuseppa were baptized in in Ali Superiori, Sicily. Also for Francesco Crisafulli and Maria Costa from Massa Santa lucia, Sicily. I am going to Sicily and only have one day in each of the towns. I have via San Santo and via Cirella street that they were born on for Rosario and Giuseppa houses but nothing for Francesco or Maria .
Thank you
Frank C.