Help with birth record please!

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
brendamartino

Help with birth record please!

Post by brendamartino »

http://interactive.ancestry.com/1893/31 ... turnRecord
I am hoping I attached this record correctly, please let me know if I have not, and I will try again!
I am still pretty new to translating Italian records, although trying to learn quickly, as beyond my dads generation, that is all there is! :D
The top right is what I am looking at: birth of Lucia Martino. Parents are Pietro and Margherita Sangiovanni. I see that Pietro was 36 and Margherita was 29 when she was born, they resided in Petrulo, Calvi Risorta. Does it read that Pietro was the son of Casto and the deceased Angelica? or Angiola D'Amore? Margherita was the daughter of Gennaro and the deceased Giovanna Martino? I have Lucias' birthdate as 13 October 1870.
Any help is appreciated!!
paola52
Elite
Elite

Re: Help with birth record please!

Post by paola52 »

Hi Brenda
As far as I can see..

Lucia's parents are
Pietro, aged 36, negoziante (shopkeeper), born and living in Petrulo, son of the deceased Casto (unusual name, by the way) and the deceased Angiola D’Amore
Margherita Sangiovvanni, 29, possidente (property owner) born in Visciano, residing with her husband, daughter of the deceased Gennaro and the deceased Giovanna Martino
Lucia was born October 12, 1870 and the birth war recorded the next day
Ciao
Paola :D
Researching Provinces of Varese, Como and Milan and the valleys around Turin
brendamartino

Post by brendamartino »

Paola,
Thank you, thank you!!! This gives me one more generation back in my family, something I never thought I would find!!
Casto is the second Casto in our family- actually, he's the first. My grandfather was named Casto, and this Casto in this record would have been his great grandfather. Very interesting!
Thank you again!
marisa0708

Post by marisa0708 »

I believe it's....son of the deceased Carlo......

Marisa