Lengthy Mystery Note in Record Margins

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
ddevirgilio
Rookie
Rookie

Lengthy Mystery Note in Record Margins

Post by ddevirgilio »

First of all, thank you for reading this post. I've seen my healthy share of handwritten notes in birth record margins pointing towards death and marriage records. Though I find these notes to be the most difficult to read, I can usually decipher them. However, I've come across a unique case that has exhausted my capabilities, and thus I'd really appreciate some help.

The challenging note is on the birth record of my great grand uncle, Giuseppe Facchini, born February 16, 1879 in Molfetta. I've cropped the section of the birth record with the note and attached it to this post. It appears to relate to a record and/or event in Bari taking place on September 15, 1896. The text is lengthy, and I can only pick out a few words. It ends above another piece of handwritten text about his marriage to Maria Saveria Abbastista on September 14, 1905.

Thank you in advance for any input!
Damian
Attachments
Facchini Giuseppe - birth record note.jpg
Facchini Giuseppe - birth record note.jpg (101.48 KiB) Viewed 1406 times
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Lengthy Mystery Note in Record Margins

Post by liviomoreno »

It is a court sentence stating that the record must be corrected: the mother's name is Maria Geronima and not Geronima
ddevirgilio
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Lengthy Mystery Note in Record Margins

Post by ddevirgilio »

Ha! Thanks so much!