Death record(s)

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Re: Death record(s)

Post by dmurphy1940 »

Looking for translations on the above two death records.

Thank you!

Dolores
Grazie,

Dolores
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Death Record #53 for Giovanni Cipriani
He died July 25, 1886 in the house at 22 via Salita Speranzella
He was age 24, a tailor, and single
Father: Domenico, a peasant/farmer
Mother: Filomena Ciullo

Erudita
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

dmurphy1940 wrote:
FamigliettiMariannaDeathNumero28image1192.jpg
FamigliettiMariannaDeathNumero28image1192.jpg
Thank you all for your help with these two translations.

Dolores

Death record #28 for Marianna Famiglietti
She died on March 28, 1885 in the house at #14 Contrada Lappierti
She was age 43, a peasant/farmer, never married
Father: Deceased Sabino Famiglietti
Mother: Deceased Maria Famiglietti

Erudita
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Death record #34 for Palmira Stanco
She died on April 23, 1885 in the house at #3 Primo Vico Speranzella
Father: Angelo Michele Stanco, musician
Mother: Carmela de Martino

Erudita
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Post by dmurphy1940 »

Thank you very much Erudita. I think that I may have duplicated one request on a message board by mistake, (Giovanni Cipriano) and if that is the case, I am sorry if I caused you more work than necessary. :)
Grazie,

Dolores
monke
Rookie
Rookie

Post by monke »

monke wrote:Can somebody please translate what is written in coulumns,

in third row it says ''inserviente steurale ??'' what does that mean, it is suposed to be a job ?

And in one row says ''catarro intestinale'' and a wrod i can't read. It is cause of death.

Can somebody please help me translate other columns too..

can you erudita help me too please !! :)
I'm researching family history and family tree in Croatia, Dalmatia, Istria - Contact me on personal message or

https://croatianancestry.wordpress.com/
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

dmurphy1940 wrote:Thank you very much Erudita. I think that I may have duplicated one request on a message board by mistake, (Giovanni Cipriano) and if that is the case, I am sorry if I caused you more work than necessary. :)

No problem, Dolores. As always, happy to help.
Erudita
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

monke wrote:

in third row it says ''inserviente steurale ??'' what does that mean, it is suposed to be a job ?

And in one row says ''catarro intestinale'' and a wrod i can't read. It is cause of death.

I'm not really familiar with either of these phrases. If you post your question separately from Dolores's thread, as a new and separate thread, then hopefully one of the native speakers on the forum will see it and help you, as I am only guessing as to the meanings.

I think that "inserviente steurale" has to do with tax collection-possibly import taxes, but I have never before seen this phrase and am just guessing based on a reference I saw on the internet.

In the close to 20 years I have done Italian genealogy research, I have only seen one record with a cause of death. That was a death record of an ancestor of my husband's who died in Buenos Aires in Argentina, and it was sent back to his native Italian town in southern Italy by the priest in South America. When I look up the words "catarro intestionale," I only see references in Spanish. There seems to be inflammation in the intestines with symptoms such as belly pain, diarrhea, vomiting, chills and fever.

You really need one of the native speakers on the forum to tell you the exact meaning of these phrases though.

Erudita
monke
Rookie
Rookie

Post by monke »

i tried to open separet topic but moderator refused it :(
I'm researching family history and family tree in Croatia, Dalmatia, Istria - Contact me on personal message or

erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

erudita74 wrote:
monke wrote:

I'm not really familiar with either of these phrases. If you post your question separately from Dolores's thread, as a new and separate thread, then hopefully one of the native speakers on the forum will see it and help you, as I am only guessing as to the meanings.

I think that "inserviente steurale" has to do with tax collection-possibly import taxes, but I have never before seen this phrase and am just guessing based on a reference I saw on the internet.

In the close to 20 years I have done Italian genealogy research, I have only seen one record with a cause of death. That was a death record of an ancestor of my husband's who died in Buenos Aires in Argentina, and it was sent back to his native Italian town in southern Italy by the priest in South America. When I look up the words "catarro intestionale," I only see references in Spanish. There seems to be inflammation in the intestines with symptoms such as belly pain, diarrhea, vomiting, chills and fever.

You really need one of the native speakers on the forum to tell you the exact meaning of these phrases though.

Erudita
I found this about the word steurale-definitely has to do with taxes. The word inserviente is an attendant or worker-so I would say the phrase refers to him being a "tax collector"

steurale agg. [adattam. del ted. Steuer «imposta, tassa»], ant. – Fiscale, relativo alle imposte e alle tasse: ufficio s., funzionarî steurali. È stato usato come termine amministrativo, dal sec. 18° all’inizio del 19°, nei territorî italiani sottoposti all’Austria-Ungheria, nei quali era in uso anche il s. f. steura con il sign. del ted. Steuer, cioè «imposta, tassa».
monke
Rookie
Rookie

Post by monke »

Yes, he was from Austro-Hungary...

dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Post by dmurphy1940 »

Try to give your topic a new name, monke. That worked for me once.
Grazie,

Dolores
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Post by dmurphy1940 »

May I please have a translation of this death record. Thank you :roll:

Dolores
Attachments
Numero 27
Numero 27
CiprianoRosinaDeathNumero27image1192.jpg (1.27 MiB) Viewed 2531 times
Grazie,

Dolores
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

dmurphy1940 wrote:May I please have a translation of this death record. Thank you :roll:

Dolores
Hi Dolores

Death Record #27 Rosina Cipriano
She died on March 17, 1885 in the house at #7 Contrada Fontana Michele at age 20 months.
She had been born in Frigento.
Parents: Giovanni Cipriano and Rosaria Martone, both peasant/farmers in the town.

Erudita
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Post by dmurphy1940 »

Thank you, Erudita!
Grazie,

Dolores