Translation of Italian Name

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
gdepollo

Translation of Italian Name

Post by gdepollo »

Is there anyone familiar with the Italian 'given name' Concejie? I have a grandfather who
s name was Concejie, and I have documents that he signed with that spelling. In other places I have found him identified as Concezio, but those documents were not signed by him as were the ones where his name is spelled Concejie. Does anyone have a translation to English / American name?
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Translation of Italian Name

Post by suanj »

Concezio or Concetto;
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
gdepollo

Post by gdepollo »

He was named C O N C E J I E (in Sulmona, Italy) and I have documents that he signed with that spelling. He went by an 'American' name after moving to the U.S.A. but continued to sign official U.S. documents with the Italian spelling; C O N C E J I E.

I'm asking if anyone else is familiar with that spelling. I'm also asking if anyone has an American name translation for C O N C E J I E. I already know the 'American' name my grandfather used and want to see if it matches the way others would translate CONCEJIE to an 'American' name.

Thank you.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

I believe Concezio right... because is a first name popular in Sulmona..
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
gdepollo

Post by gdepollo »

I took a microscope to the signature on the document and have determined that the proper spelling is CONCEZIO as the handwritten signature now confirms it. The cursive letter had an anomaly that made it appear to be a cursive j with a dot over it. To further confuse the issue the person who typed the form spelled it with a j. Realizing that there is no letter j in the Italian alphabet was another thing that should have made it clear to me earlier.

Thank you!
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Glad of help you!
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH