Italian prayer cards? Need translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
London82
Elite
Elite

Italian prayer cards? Need translation

Post by London82 »

Are these prayer cards in regards to particular people who died? If so who? Do you know what church they are from?
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (608.46 KiB) Viewed 1528 times
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Italian prayer cards? Need translation

Post by Tessa78 »

These are prayers:
Prayer to the Virgin Mary, Prayer to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, and a prayer to St. Rosalia ... each identifies the "imprimatur" or approval of the church.

T.
London82
Elite
Elite

Post by London82 »

Ohhhh Thank you Tessa
paola52
Elite
Elite

Post by paola52 »

Hi!
I am a collector of "immaginette" the sacred images with an approved prayer on the other side, that people, and especially women, kept in their prayer books. Can you please post the photos of the illustrated side? I think the first one is a prayer to St. Joseph and seeing the other side can be useful
Ciao
Paola
Researching Provinces of Varese, Como and Milan and the valleys around Turin
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

paola52 wrote:Hi!
I am a collector of "immaginette" the sacred images with an approved prayer on the other side, that people, and especially women, kept in their prayer books. Can you please post the photos of the illustrated side? I think the first one is a prayer to St. Joseph and seeing the other side can be useful
Ciao
Paola
Ciao, Paola :-)

You are correct, it is a prayer to St. Joseph - he is, of course, Sposo di Maria Vergine...
I looked too quickly -

T.