Nati, allegati di nascita, Matrimoni, allegati di matrimoni

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
dperez

Nati, allegati di nascita, Matrimoni, allegati di matrimoni

Post by dperez »

Hello,
Could someone please let me know what is the difference (if any) between the Nati documents and the allegati di nascita? As well as the difference between the matrimoni, allegati di matrimoni and pubblicazioni di matrimoni? I have found these differences in the Mormon microfilms for the city of Fabriano in Ancona, Marche. All of them seem to cover the same periods so do i have to order all of them?

Thanks for your assistance.

Damaris
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Nati, allegati di nascita, Matrimoni, allegati di matrim

Post by VaDeb »

Hi Damaris,

I recommend Tafford Cole's book " Italian Genealogical Records". It explains in details about Italian records and provides samples of translations. The information contained depends on the time period of the document. The Napoleonic records have the civil and church event on the same document. Here is a brief description of the documents you listed. It is not a complete description. It would take to long to write it all down.

In the research I have done I have not found allegati di nascita records.

Nati (birth) will have the childs name, sex, date of birth, name of parents and witnesses. Other details are included.

pubblicazioni di matrimoni are a marriage bann. THe couple indicates their intention to marry and it is posted or read every sunday for 3 weeks. Has names of the couple and their parents.

matrimoni are the marriage document. Names of the couple, their parents and witnesses and date.

allegati di matrimoni are the documents required by law for the marriage to occur. If complete will contain birth documents for the bride and groom, their parents or death records of parents, death certificates of a previous spouse of the bride and groom.

Hope this helps, but I highly recommend the book before diving into the microfilm. It has really helped me understand what I was seeing.

Debbie
dperez

Re: Nati, allegati di nascita, Matrimoni, allegati di matrim

Post by dperez »

Thanks Debbie for the info. I'll order the book to help me with this.

Damaris