marraige notation on birth record

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
User avatar
dmt1955
Master
Master
Posts: 963
Joined: 05 Jun 2010, 19:12
Location: Washington, DC

marraige notation on birth record

Post by dmt1955 » 25 Jan 2014, 02:06

http://s29.postimg.org/4hz1da8qv/1863_M ... th_320.jpg

any thoughts of the groom's name and date of marriage?
giocchino scauzzillo? and the date of 16 ?? 1899??

thanks so much
donna
http://www.MyItalianFamilies.com
Researching: Purcaro, Raimo, Rizzo, Scaglione, Troisi, Masucci
Locations: Ariano (di Puglia) Irpino, Volturrara Irpina, Altavilla Irpina

User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 12458
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: marraige notation on birth record

Post by Tessa78 » 25 Jan 2014, 03:33

dmt1955 wrote:http://s29.postimg.org/4hz1da8qv/1863_M ... th_320.jpg

any thoughts of the groom's name and date of marriage?
giocchino scauzzillo? and the date of 16 ?? 1899??

thanks so much
donna
Groom is Giacchino Sciarrillo
Date could be 16 November 1889, 16 November 1899; or 16 September 1889, 16 September 1899.
(Month could be 9bre or 7bre - so - Nov. or Sept.)


T.

User avatar
liviomoreno
Master
Master
Posts: 5742
Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: Rome, Italy
Contact:

Re: marraige notation on birth record

Post by liviomoreno » 25 Jan 2014, 07:21

:roll: I read 16 Sept 1897

erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 5490
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: marraige notation on birth record

Post by erudita74 » 25 Jan 2014, 15:27

I definitely read the month as September but am not 100% on the year.
Erudita

User avatar
liviomoreno
Master
Master
Posts: 5742
Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: Rome, Italy
Contact:

Re: marraige notation on birth record

Post by liviomoreno » 25 Jan 2014, 16:52

erudita74 wrote:I definitely read the month as September but am not 100% on the year.
Erudita
No doubt that the first 2 digits are 18
The 3rd digit must be grater than 6, the choice is between 7, 8 and 9 and to me it is a 9
Now look at the 7 in 7bre and the 4th digit of the year, to me they are identical, although there is a connection line between 6 and 7

Image

erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 5490
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: marraige notation on birth record

Post by erudita74 » 25 Jan 2014, 17:58

liviomoreno wrote:
erudita74 wrote:I definitely read the month as September but am not 100% on the year.
Erudita
No doubt that the first 2 digits are 18
The 3rd digit must be grater than 6, the choice is between 7, 8 and 9 and to me it is a 9
Now look at the 7 in 7bre and the 4th digit of the year, to me they are identical, although there is a connection line between 6 and 7

Image

It was a little early where I am for the math lesson, Livio, but I do agree that the last two digits appear to be formed differently from each other and that, although the last digit does not look identical to the number 7 in 7bre, it is different from the digit before it, and so I'll concede that you are correct in saying 1897 as the year.

Erudita

User avatar
liviomoreno
Master
Master
Posts: 5742
Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: Rome, Italy
Contact:

Re: marraige notation on birth record

Post by liviomoreno » 25 Jan 2014, 18:25

erudita74 wrote:... and so I'll concede that you are correct in saying 1897 as the year.

Erudita
Grazie! :wink:

BTW, it was not a math lesson, I just wanted to share my reasoning

User avatar
dmt1955
Master
Master
Posts: 963
Joined: 05 Jun 2010, 19:12
Location: Washington, DC

Re: marraige notation on birth record

Post by dmt1955 » 26 Jan 2014, 00:50

such great team work....i thank the three of you very much!

donna
http://www.MyItalianFamilies.com
Researching: Purcaro, Raimo, Rizzo, Scaglione, Troisi, Masucci
Locations: Ariano (di Puglia) Irpino, Volturrara Irpina, Altavilla Irpina

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests