help with death certificate

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
girty
Veteran
Veteran

help with death certificate

Post by girty »

I was hoping someone could help me decipher some missed spelled italian words, this comes from what i think is my gggrandfather death certificate, I could only rewrite what I seen on film so spelling may be wrong. when i try altavista translator it just shows the word I typed. maybe someone fluent in italian can figure what the words really are....here goes

L'Anno milleottocentonovantasei, addrentiquattro, di Novembre a ore pm tre e minuti quaranta nella casa comunale.

sono compars Picardi Angelo, di anni cinquantane. contadino domiciliat in Paterno, e Mallardino Giuseppe "_unreadable_" domicilato in Paterno, quali mi nanno dichiarato che a ore p.m. undici e minuti trenta dieri, nella casa posta in via tempa chiesa, al numero sei, e mort Catuosco Angelo Antonio, di anni settanletto, centinio "unreadable" da fi Elisio, contadino , residing, in paterno, e da fi Caso Saverina, contadina,, marito fi Laino Raffaela.

If anyone can help thank you...
DonnaPellegrin
Veteran
Veteran

Re: help with death certificate

Post by DonnaPellegrin »

Well, I'm no expert, but I'll give it a shot just for fun.

L'Anno milleottocentonovantasei, addi ventiquattro, di Novembre a ore pm tre e minuti quaranta nella casa comunale.

sono comparsi Picardi Angelo, di anni cinquantuno. contadino domiciliato in Paterno, e Mallardino Giuseppe [age and profession] domicilato in Paterno, quali mi hanno dichiarato che a ore p.m. undici e minuti trenta ieri, nella casa posta in Via Tempa Chiesa, al numero sei, e mort Catuosco Angelo Antonio, di anni settantotto, contadino "unreadable" da fu Elisio, contadino , residing, in Paterno, e da fu Caso Saverina, contadina, marito di [or fu] Laino Raffaela.

Do you need a translation?
Donna Pellegrin
girty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by girty »

Thanks Donna,

Good job. some words stilled missed spelled, but I think I got his age at death now, 78. It was getting hard to translate when I don't even have the words spelled correctly, so thank you very much.. the word SETTANTOTTO, should be SETTANTA OTTO...which translate to 78.

Thanks again
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi Girty,
I remember that, from copy birthact of Augustale that you send me, the street was Via Rampa della Chiesa; about "unreadable" word, can be " regnicolo "? Regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
girty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by girty »

Hi Suanj

Yes this should be Augustales grandfather, but what is baffling me besides my ineptness to decipher italian , is his name ANGELO ANTONIO, my grandfather, Augustale was named for him, on the birth I sent you it says Augustale is the grandfathers name married to Raffaela Laino. this I know as fact. But why the different name? At least now I know the names of his parents..this is good. Saverina such a pretty name.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

girty wrote:Hi Suanj

Yes this should be Augustales grandfather, but what is baffling me besides my ineptness to decipher italian , is his name ANGELO ANTONIO, my grandfather, Augustale was named for him, on the birth I sent you it says Augustale is the grandfathers name married to Raffaela Laino. this I know as fact. But why the different name? At least now I know the names of his parents..this is good. Saverina such a pretty name.
Yes: in fact this is another name... Angelo Antonio no Augustale, but your Augustale jr was called as the gfather; so was an Augustale sr; in ship's manifest of Augustale jr uncles was wrote that the relatives in Italy was Augustale(Sr)?
Some time can be that the real name is various from name written on birthact; why to child, given an name but really, after call it with another name..sure this is An Catuosco ( to purpose you read in coloumn, around number act that was wrote CATUSCO and no CatUOSCO ?) just an mistery; for better explanation is necessary an anlisys of all documents that you have already........................
regards, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
girty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by girty »

Yes Suanj it said Catuosco..What I find a mystery is the Wife's name is the same as my gggrandmother, Rafaela Laino. and Eliseo is the name of Augustales ggrandfather.. I have not been able to copy the document from the film. the man who does itwas ill. Thats why I had to write it all down. WHen I get document I will surely put for you to see.
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

girty wrote:I was hoping someone could help me decipher some missed spelled italian words, this comes from what i think is my gggrandfather death certificate, I could only rewrite what I seen on film so spelling may be wrong. when i try altavista translator it just shows the word I typed. maybe someone fluent in italian can figure what the words really are....here goes

L'Anno milleottocentonovantasei, addrentiquattro, di Novembre a ore pm tre e minuti quaranta nella casa comunale.

sono compars Picardi Angelo, di anni cinquantane. contadino domiciliat in Paterno, e Mallardino Giuseppe "_unreadable_" domicilato in Paterno, quali mi nanno dichiarato che a ore p.m. undici e minuti trenta dieri, nella casa posta in via tempa chiesa, al numero sei, e mort Catuosco Angelo Antonio, di anni settanletto, centinio "unreadable" da fi Elisio, contadino , residing, in paterno, e da fi Caso Saverina, contadina,, marito fi Laino Raffaela.

hi Girty,

Is the Paterno in your document for Paterno Calabro? If so, I have some of those films coming and I'll check the Death Acts for you.

have a good one.
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi Trish, this is Paterno ex hamleth of Marsiconuovo common/ Potenza province/ Basilicata region.. hugs, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

suanj wrote:Hi Trish, this is Paterno ex hamleth of Marsiconuovo common/ Potenza province/ Basilicata region.. hugs, suanj
Hi Suanj,

Thanks for clarifying that. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't Paterno Calabro. I have almost all the films for that town, that's why I was willing to help.

hugs to you
Trish
Trish
Genealogy-Forum
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

girty wrote:I was hoping someone could help me decipher some missed spelled italian words, this comes from what i think is my gggrandfather death certificate, I could only rewrite what I seen on film so spelling may be wrong. when i try altavista translator it just shows the word I typed. maybe someone fluent in italian can figure what the words really are....here goes

Dear Girty,

I don't know if anyone translated this for you. I hope I am not repeating what anyone else has stated, but here is the translation.

I hope it helps,
Trish

In the year one thousand eight hundred ninety-six, of day twenty-four, of November, at the hour post-meridian three and minute forty in the Town Hall.

and appeared Picardi Angelo, of age fifty-one, farmer, residing in Paterno, and Mallardino Giuseppe, (age & profession went here), residing in Paterno, both of whom declared that at the hour post-meridian eleven and minute thirty, of yesterday, in the house on Via Tempa Chiesa, at number six, and died Catuosco Angelo Antonio, of age seventy-eight, farmer, (probably states son {figlio}) of the late Elisio, farmer, resided in Paterno, and of the late Caso Saverina, farmer, spouse of the late Laino Raffaela.
Trish
Genealogy-Forum
girty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by girty »

Thank you Trish for the translation..Is so hard to translate it yourself using a translator when you have the words misspelled.. I send alot of my documents to suanj, but I hate to be such a bother to her. She has help so much as has so many on this site. I thought maybe I could do this one on my own. I did do my gggrandaunts by myself (pats herself on back) but this one was hard
thanks again to all who helped.
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

girty wrote:Thank you Trish for the translation..Is so hard to translate it yourself using a translator when you have the words misspelled.. I send alot of my documents to suanj, but I hate to be such a bother to her. She has help so much as has so many on this site. I thought maybe I could do this one on my own. I did do my gggrandaunts by myself (pats herself on back) but this one was hard
thanks again to all who helped.
Dear Girty,

I'm happy to help. Also, where in New Jeresy are you? Just curious.

Have a good one.
Trish
Trish
Genealogy-Forum
girty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by girty »

Hey Trish,

I live in Ocean County, Its what we call "the start of the Pine Barrens"
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

girty wrote:Hey Trish,

I live in Ocean County, Its what we call "the start of the Pine Barrens"
Hi Girty,

Well hello neighbor. I'm in Philly. However, I should be in Jersey for I'm always on that side of the bridge. :)

Have you ever been in the New Jersey State Archives? Wonderful place! The people are so nice and friendly. They have tons of information there.

Thanks for saying where you are. Have a great day.
Trish
Trish
Genealogy-Forum