help with death certificate

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
girty
Veteran
Veteran

Re: help with death certificate

Post by girty »

Hello

I have never been to the State Archives, Its a must on my list, relatives on the other side of family all from NJ, I heard great things about it.

You sound like your from here. People hear never say New Jersey, your always from Jersey....lol
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

girty wrote:Hello

I have never been to the State Archives, Its a must on my list, relatives on the other side of family all from NJ, I heard great things about it.

You sound like your from here. People hear never say New Jersey, your always from Jersey....lol
Hi Girty,

Here is the link for the NJ State Archives.
http://www.state.nj.us/state/darm/links/archives.html

This is the link for the Records they have on microfilm.
http://www.state.nj.us/state/darm/links ... ealt2.html

The Staff is just simply fantastic!!! It's well worth the trip!

Have a good one.
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

Hi Girty,

I live in VA, but originally am from Jersy, the suburbs of Trenton. Been to the state archives and library in Trenton several times. As Trish said it is a wonderful archive. Also a very safe area, well patroled. They also have dedicated (free) parking. In a garage or just outside the building depending on the national security level color.

I have spent several enjoyable weekends in Cape May visitng friends. Ocean County is a beautiful part of the state.

Debbie
girty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by girty »

Hi Debbie

I will have to get to the Archives, sounds great. I checked out Trishes sites she sent and I think I could get alot of info there.

Glad to hear you were from Jersey. You meet so many people on this site, from all over the world. Nice to meet people close to home.

Have a great day