Help with dociment

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
bottino
Veteran
Veteran

Help with dociment

Post by bottino »

In this document we are looking for a surname. We are not sure that there is one there. Can someone help with the translation.
Thank you

erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Help with dociment

Post by erudita74 »

bottino wrote:In this document we are looking for a surname. We are not sure that there is one there. Can someone help with the translation.
Thank you

It would help to know what town this document is from, but I believe the surname is Maria. I read
GiovannBattista Maria, son of Giuseppe and Paola Maria, spouses, born on July 28th. You have the year cut off, so I can't tell you that. Godparents were Bernardo, son of Francesco de Diceno (sp?) and Domenica Maria (this Maria would be her surname), wife of Domenico de Savio

Erudita
bottino
Veteran
Veteran

Post by bottino »

Who are these people? What names do you see here.
Thanks
bottino
Veteran
Veteran

Post by bottino »

Thank you for the help. I think the town is Canischio, in Northern Italy. This is the complete record the way you see it. Is Maria a typical surname. I have not seen it before.
Thanks again.
bottino
Veteran
Veteran

Post by bottino »

I think that the year is at the top of the page.
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

bottino wrote:I think that the year is at the top of the page.

The year would be at the top of the page on which this record was found but does not appear in the record itself. As to the surname, I know Marca is a surname in the town you mention, so maybe that is what is written in this record. DiMaria is a surname in the province of Torino.

Erudita