Middle name of Filippo Sottosanti????

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
lilbees
Master
Master

Middle name of Filippo Sottosanti????

Post by lilbees »

The document is quite faded and am unable to read the particulars of the publication including Filippo's second name and the town he will be married in.

Help please.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,245935301

Thanks,
lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Middle name of Filippo Sottosanti????

Post by Tessa78 »

Filippo's middle name looks to be NAZZARENO

The town of marriage is not mentioned (that I can see) in the publication notice in the margin...
However, the bride was born in San Cataldo, and resides in Caltanissetta (where her mother resides) - her deceased father, Giuseppe, resided in S. Cataldo in his life.

Hope that helps

T.
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

Thanks T. I poked around San Cataldo's records and found nothing. Only the publication. This was also true with his second marriage. But for that did not even find a publication. Only the birth of a child with A Filippo as father in 1898. So many of the records are out of order and jump around that I haven't given up. YET! He and his (I presume) second wife immigrated to the U.S.

Ah! the fun of the chase.

Have a nice one.
lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

lilbees wrote:Thanks T. I poked around San Cataldo's records and found nothing. Only the publication. This was also true with his second marriage. But for that did not even find a publication. Only the birth of a child with A Filippo as father in 1898. So many of the records are out of order and jump around that I haven't given up. YET! He and his (I presume) second wife immigrated to the U.S.

Ah! the fun of the chase.

Have a nice one.
lilbees
Ah, YES!!!!

T.