Help translating 1866 record from Montoggio, Genoa

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
eleach

Help translating 1866 record from Montoggio, Genoa

Post by eleach »

Hi,
I'm looking for some help translating an entry from what I understand to be a record of some sort from Montoggio, Genoa. The entry is number 131 and is under the name Bargagliotti, Antonio di Pietro. I don't necessarily need the whole document translated but I'm looking to see if this man could be related to my great-great grandfather, Francesco Bargagliotti, who was born In Montoggio.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 351300802#

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Help translating 1866 record from Montoggio, Genoa

Post by Tessa78 »

eleach wrote:Hi,
I'm looking for some help translating an entry from what I understand to be a record of some sort from Montoggio, Genoa. The entry is number 131 and is under the name Bargagliotti, Antonio di Pietro. I don't necessarily need the whole document translated but I'm looking to see if this man could be related to my great-great grandfather, Francesco Bargagliotti, who was born In Montoggio.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 351300802#

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Francesco Bargagliotti is the name of the grandfather on this birth record.

The notation in the right column on page 2 is for marriage to Catterina Delucchi on 5 April 1894.

Record #131
Antonio Bargagliotti of Pietro, and of Antonia Trucco
Dated 28 October 1866 at 10 AM in the Comune of Montoggio, Province of Genova, at the town office.
Before the official…
Appeared Pietro Bargagliotti, son of Francesco [Bargagliotti], peasant farmer of age 35, born and residing in this town, the father of the newborn, to present a male child who he declares was born in this town on the 25th of the current month of October at 8 PM at home, in the hamlet of Fontanasse, to his wife Antonia Trucco, daughter of GioBatta Trucco (who is also a witness to the record, age 61, son of deceased Michele, and a peasant farmer)
The child was given the name ANTONIO

T.
eleach

Post by eleach »

Thank you! That helps a lot! :)
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

eleach wrote:Thank you! That helps a lot! :)
That's what we do! You are very welcome. :D

T.