Lising for Teresa Ippolito - From where??

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
lilbees
Master
Master

Lising for Teresa Ippolito - From where??

Post by lilbees »

I know this is a very poor copy but I am trying to make out the comune or Province for this listing.

http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq32 ... b72198.jpg

I hope someone can make this out.

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Lising for Teresa Ippolito - From where??

Post by liviomoreno »

A larger image would help...
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

lilbees wrote:I know this is a very poor copy but I am trying to make out the comune or Province for this listing.

http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq32 ... b72198.jpg

I hope someone can make this out.

lilbees
The first written lines read: The Mayor of the Comune stated above..."
But I cannot read the stamp because it is very faded...
HOWEVER,
At the bottom of the record it appears to state that this was requested by/for the Comune of Santa Caterina Villarmosa [Caltanissetta, Sicily], 12 October 1913/1915

T.
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

Thanks T and Livio. I already knew about Santa Caterina but her birth record is not listed in the records for 1894, 1895, 1896. I went through them page by page. I even checked the allegati and found nothing.

Will keep looking.

Sorry I don't have a better copy. This was posted by another.

Lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

lilbees wrote:Thanks T and Livio. I already knew about Santa Caterina but her birth record is not listed in the records for 1894, 1895, 1896. I went through them page by page. I even checked the allegati and found nothing.

Will keep looking.

Sorry I don't have a better copy. This was posted by another.

Lilbees
I also checked those dates... but I think that her age in the document may be 16, so that would make birthdate possibly 1897 or 1898... if the date is 1913 ...will look there.

T.
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

Hi T. I think the 1913 is the date of issuance of the certificate. If it was the birthdate it would be out of possibility for this family.

lilbees
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

lilbees wrote:Hi T. I think the 1913 is the date of issuance of the certificate. If it was the birthdate it would be out of possibility for this family.

lilbees
My apologies... I think I did not make myself clear :shock:

The date of issue could be 1913 or 1915.
The age of Teresa (because it is very blurry) could be 16 or 18 years.
So my thought was IF the date was 1915, AND the age was 16, THEN a year of birth COULD BE 1899 :-)

T.
lilbees
Master
Master

Post by lilbees »

Hi T. will check that out.

Thanks,
lilbees