Grimoldi Marriage

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
GrimoldiWeinert

Grimoldi Marriage

Post by GrimoldiWeinert »

Hi,

Am am having trouble with the names on my Great, Great Grandparents Marriage Certificate. From what I gather the father of the groom (Pasquale) is Francessco and the bride's name is Luigia Adelaide. I am very keen to decipher any and all parents of the bride and groom. Are any dates of birth on these documents?
PasqualeAdeleMarriage.jpg
PasqualeAdeleEngagement.jpg
Many thanks for your time,

Lee
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Grimoldi Marriage

Post by Tessa78 »

There are no dates of birth for the spouses... but there are ages :D
Groom is age 24, peasant farmer son of Francesco, and of Teresa Rimoldi.
Bride is age 22, peasant farmer daughter of deceased Giuseppe, and of living Maria Teresa Marinoni.

T.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Please note that the document is not a marriage certificate, the document is the request for banns and the left columns shows the dates the banns were posted. From the above you may infer that tha marriage took place some day after January 24 1878
GrimoldiWeinert

Post by GrimoldiWeinert »

Tessa78 wrote: Bride is age 22, peasant farmer daughter of deceased Giuseppe, and of living Maria Teresa Marinoni.

T.
Many thanks for the quick reply. Is it known if Marinoni is the married or Maiden name?

*** Failed connect to http://moderate.cleantalk.ru/api2.0. Automoderator cleantalk.org ***
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Marinoni is the maiden name. Women in Italy, keep their maiden name.