Help with a birth record translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
vspeciale66
Rookie
Rookie

Help with a birth record translation

Post by vspeciale66 »

pasuale del gatto son of Agustino.jpg
Would anyone be willing to help with th translation of the attached record for Pasquale Del Gatto.

It is from 1868 and a little hard for me to make out. I am interested in the side note to the record as well.

Thank you in advance

Valerie Speciale
pasuale del gatto son of Agustino.jpg
To be Italian is to know Love.

Researching: Del Gatto, Floreno, Cedrone, Speciale, Sucato, Rubado, Simonnetti, Romano, D'Ischia, Di Martino
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Help with a birth record translation

Post by Tessa78 »

Side notation states that in December 1903 (looks like 17th) Act #71(?)
he married with Angela Zona.

Record #38
Dated 7 May 1868
Appearing was Agostino del Gatto, age 35, laborer residing in Zuni (a frazione of Calvi Risorta), son of Domenico, to present a make child who he said was born on 6 of this month and year at 4 AM to his wife, Arcangela Palmieri, daughter of deceased Giuseppe, residing with her husband in Zuni at Strada Vizzi, and to this child was given the name Pascale.
Witnesses to the record were Francesco Zone, 53, landowner son of deceased Casto; and Alessandro delle Fave, 33, public servant son of deceased Pietro, both residents of this town.

T.
vspeciale66
Rookie
Rookie

Post by vspeciale66 »

Thank you. This helped tremendously. I assume this means Pascale married Angela Zona in 1903? Maybe the act was the actual record number. Ill look into that ! Thank you again!
To be Italian is to know Love.

Researching: Del Gatto, Floreno, Cedrone, Speciale, Sucato, Rubado, Simonnetti, Romano, D'Ischia, Di Martino
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

vspeciale66 wrote:Thank you. This helped tremendously. I assume this means Pascale married Angela Zona in 1903? Maybe the act was the actual record number. Ill look into that ! Thank you again!
Yes, the act # is the record #, usually.
However, it is difficult to read, as are some of the other numbers.

T.